Solved

Modem resetting / Increasing as of late

• 13 June 2023
  • 2 replies

Badge

So, I am no stranger to networking.

Been using T-Mobile 5G internet for almost 2 years.  I am use to having to reset the modem every so often, not a big deal - again, I am no stranger to networking.  I am coming from CenturyLink DSL in the Centerburg, OH area (worse service I have ever had in my life), so T-Mobile is (was) the best thing that happen 2 years ago. 

The standard was, having to reset the modem to restore service every 1-2 weeks (or longer), but… as of the last 2 weeks, we are having to reset it or it reset itself (or against to something) 2x a day now.  Something has changed with the service.  I am now starting to notice and will document what I am seeing.  I work from home and I am in IT (again, not new to how things work with the tubes of the internet).  But I find it interesting with this recent change, and I am wondering if others in my area have been experience this also.  Don’t get me wrong, I am still OK with the service (coming from CenturyLink) and the $$ is very cheap.  Just gathering information from others at this time :)

Consolidated now has fiber in my area so… I do have option now ;)

icon

Best answer by copz1998 13 June 2023, 23:38

View original

2 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +8

@natebo which T-Mobile gateway do you have? If you have the older Nokia silver canister, I would take it into my local T-Mobile store and explain the need to reset often, and ask for a new Sagencom exchange unit. I have the Sagencom and it works great. I have read in this forum where customers swapped out their old unit with a newer one and resolved their issues. 

I hope this helps.

Badge

Ah, thank you for the info, I do believe I have the Nokia model (5G21-12W-A).

I will look into doing just that!