NAT/forwarding issues while gaming/streaming

Show first post

30 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +5

Actually, it does not answer the specific questions being asked.

What goes in in that video is still a workaround.

It is not a native fix to the problem.

As in a firmware update that in and of itself solves the problem end to end.

Userlevel 5
Badge +5

You posted that tmobile fixed the problem for you, presumably by updates from their end.

Not that a reverse proxy approach solved it (as in third party tools).

You were asked for firmware details, port details, a means to confirm end to end unsolicited inbound port forwarding was actually working properly (as can be tested with the likes of Shieldsup or speedguide.net).

https://www.grc.com/shieldsup

https://www.speedguide.net/scan.php

THAT is likely why people kept pinging you.

I already had my extensive back and forth over the issues with both parties.  Realized they were not willing to move away from their XLAT464 anytime soon (which is stated by design specifically to break this functionality).  I ran the numbers and decided it wasn't worth the extra headaches and costs, even though there was a viable solution available through my personal router, and managed to set up a better deal with an ISP that does it properly.

Saw some replies here from an email I got. Figured I'd chime in again, yeah so since my last update my model has been working flawlessly. And I'm always sitting at 5 bars ~200-300 Mbps🔽 & 30-50 Mbps🔼. I'm sorry to hear all of you have issues but since my phone call to them it seems to have fixed everything. I literally just called them, and boom problem fixed. You cannot enter or do any of this manually. They are solely in charge of your unit and can do whatever you need done remotely. Give it a whirl y'all. I have zero issues with the stuff I do now, which I am a gamer & streamer. Zero disruption. Before, I was having issues with video game matchmaking, voice communication, and streaming. I am highly impressed now with it working and I'm kinda sad to see how I started this post with a bad vibe. 

Again, good luck to whoever is having issues. My problem is solved.

Saw some replies here from an email I got. Figured I'd chime in again, yeah so since my last update my model has been working flawlessly. And I'm always sitting at 5 bars ~200-300 Mbps🔽 & 30-50 Mbps🔼. I'm sorry to hear all of you have issues but since my phone call to them it seems to have fixed everything. I literally just called them, and boom problem fixed. You cannot enter or do any of this manually. They are solely in charge of your unit and can do whatever you need done remotely. Give it a whirl y'all. I have zero issues with the stuff I do now, which I am a gamer & streamer. Zero disruption. Before, I was having issues with video game matchmaking, voice communication, and streaming. I am highly impressed now with it working and I'm kinda sad to see how I started this post with a bad vibe. 

Again, good luck to whoever is having issues. My problem is solved.

Hey, I have the exact same issue as you. I’ve called and talked to tech support multiple times including a manager. I’ve gotten them to this exact thread so they could see that you called and talked to someone who fixed the issue. They continuously read their policy on how they can’t change anything in their end. They said the software engineer you talked to was Xbox itself. I don’t believe that. Can you help me out by telling me exactly how you explained the problem to them? Or what solution you were told? Just want to play my games man.

Badge

I called and they said they couldn’t change the NAT and there was nothing I could do.