Solved

Netflix no longer streaming

• 7 December 2022
  • 78 replies

Show first post

78 replies

Just a quick update... Netflix is now working on one of my devices, a Roku TV. Note that it had stopped working on this device on 2/9 along with all of my other devices. This TV is still going through my Asus mesh network just like the rest of my devices currently are. Also, some time this afternoon Netflix on my Windows laptop and on my iPhone started working correctly (i.e., the thumbnails started showing up). I tried a couple of times earlier in the day, and the thumbnails were still not showing up earlier (even after Netflix started working on my Roku TV.

Netflix is still not working on my Fire TV STBs or my LG TV. I haven’t had a chance to see if it works on my Vizio (I don’t generally use the built-in Vizio apps)

I suspect that Netflix has started rolling out a fix to this issue, and Roku was the first to get it, followed some time later by iOS and Windows. I’m hopeful that means my other devices will start working soon.

About 5:00 PM yesterday I placed another call with T-Mobile Internet support team. While I was waiting for their callback I tried to use Netflix again. This time all the thumbnails populated. I takes a long time to start a show, but once it starts it plays to the end. I got the same results on all the other TVs. It seems this problem is partially fixed, but bandwidth to Netflix seems to still be an issue. The preview for shows does not appear. So while there is progress, it is still not 100% fixed.

In my case, this issue was caused by the fact that a rep signed me up for a business account…even though I didn’t need one and don’t own a business. The business accounts, by default, have a “productivity block” on them so employees can’t sit around watching tv all day. It took multiple calls, but the latest agent I talked to disabled the block. After a few reboots, of the tv and the Gateway, streaming services are all working now