Solved

Netflix no longer streaming

• 7 December 2022
  • 78 replies

Show first post

78 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +8

If your streaming to the TV was not working you could check to see if the application on the TV is in need of an update. It might be software on the TV that is resulting in the problem. I have seen times when I had to update the Netflix application so it would work. Clearing the cache for the application might help. It has been some time since I had to play that game with it. I have seen times when one of my devices needed an update and that impacted services working until I did the update. I know I have seen such issues on the Windows clients here. I have seen less with the Apple devices and/or my Linux clients. Between the clients and the Playstation, Xbox, WiiU, and Switch and the AV receiver I stay busy at times keeping all the tech here working as no one else here has much of a clue. 

Badge

Netflix runs fine on my MacBook and ipad as well. I was told by Netflix and T-Mobile late yesterday that it’s probably something to do with coding and that it operates differently on iOS devices than it would on a tv. Everything in my house runs through the T-Mobile Nokia Gateway and all work well with the exception of Netflix on the TV’s.

Userlevel 7
Badge +8

I just ran a test on my MacBook and it streams fine here. I run a Nokia gateway here and it is on the most recent firmware available. Maybe it has something to do with the gateway you have or there is something going on with the network in that location. That might need a bit more troubleshooting there. Not sure what you are streaming to maybe it is worth trying another client.

I checked downdetector.com and Netflix looks to be working without hot spots so it does not appear to be a problem in a given locality for them.