Question

Random Reboots - 3rd gatway

• 12 March 2023
  • 2 replies

Badge

When i first signed up for TMHI, it was the best thing around. In the last couple of months, it ain’t worth having. It works awesome….when it works. 

I still have the Nokia trashcan gateway, and suddenly they will start rebooting randomly. Not a hard reboot it seems, as the uptime in the GUI never resets. I call/chat with Tech support and they do a couple of tests and send me a replacement gateway. This is the 3rd one. Out of the box, this one is rebooting anywhere from 2-5 times every 5 minutes, to 5 times an hour, to not rebooting for an extended amount of time. 
What is causing this? Is it firmware? Is it heat? I have a fan under it, and one on top in a push-pull config so I don’t suspect heat. 

I do see the N71 band signal jumping all over the place. RSRP jumps from -50 to -88, to -94 to -104 then drops completely. B66 band stays pretty much where it always is, at -104. 
I can see the tower across the field from my house, and my parents also have the Nokia Gateway and he randomly had trouble like mine. They sent him a new gateway and reset his signal and everything has been fine since. We also have an Arcadyan gateway at our church that never misses a beat. 

I’m at my wits end with it. I work from home 90% of the time and I rely on this connection to keep me where I can work. Any suggestions? 

Oh. I also want to add that my speeds have dropped from the low-mid 200s down and 50s up to low 40s down and less than 10 up. 

2 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +8

@JayBo , to your statement - “I still have the Nokia trashcan gateway, and suddenly they will start rebooting randomly. “ 

If you are having connectivity issues, I would recommend you take the Nikia trashcan in to your local t-Mobile store, explain you are having connection issues and that the iunit reboots without warning, and that you would like to replace the unit. They will give you one of the newer replacement units - the Arcadian or Sagemcom. the Sagemcom is better and newer. 

Then, take the unit home and install it using the T-Mobile internet app to help with location placement. 

Good luck!

Badge

I was in the store Thursday as I swapped to the Magenta MAX First Reaponder phone plan from Verizon.  
They said  they were out of  modems at the moment.  I’ll call another store and see what they have.  Every store is minimum 45 miles away in either direction so it doesn’t matter which one I use.