Question

Sea of Thieves connection issue

• 14 September 2022
  • 4 replies

Badge

Is anyone else able to play Sea of Thieves over the T-mobile system?

When I first got it I was able to play with no problems. Better than my 1 gig connection for that matter.

But now, I can’t stay connected to the SoT server for more than 10 minutes - and I don’t even think it’s that long.

I called tech support and they reset everything and then sent me a new modem.  And still having the same issues.

It seems like it’s around the same time each time before I disconnect which makes me think it’s a T-Mobile issue.  I stay connected with a other internet provider but they’re currently have other issues so I was trying to depend on T-Mobile but obviously can’t. :(

4 replies

When you say you can’t stay connected do you mean just to the SoT servers or are you losing connection to the internet entirely?

Badge

When you say you can’t stay connected do you mean just to the SoT servers or are you losing connection to the internet entirely?

Seems it’s only the SoT’s server.  I’ll be in Discord at the same time and as I disconnect from the SoT’s server, Discord is still full green and no one reports a robotic audio coming from me.

Userlevel 7
Badge +15

As a Sea of Thieves player myself.  The current season has brought a lot of server instability and issues to the game.  Especially with trinket lag and lag spikes causes by certain islands in the game.  Personally, I would say it’s the game.  There is a new adventure out today though.  Hopefully some of the many bug fixes that are needed, are in today’s patch.  The last patch was so broken, they had to take the servers offline 3 times in one day and issue 3 different patches.  

Userlevel 2

As a Sea of Thieves player myself.  The current season has brought a lot of server instability and issues to the game.  Especially with trinket lag and lag spikes causes by certain islands in the game.  Personally, I would say it’s the game.  There is a new adventure out today though.  Hopefully some of the many bug fixes that are needed, are in today’s patch.  The last patch was so broken, they had to take the servers offline 3 times in one day and issue 3 different patches.  

Its definitely not the game, other forum post has numerous people having the exact issue, across a wide array of multiplayer games. I'm having issues with CSGO and Quake Champions, all starting around December. Service was incredible before all that, fast speeds and low ping.