Question

SLOW - Last time I tried the gateway 2 years ago it was very fast

• 1 December 2022
  • 7 replies

Badge

I get 600mb/s from my local Cable provider that charges way too much $85 per month, but for $50 a month I can get Tmobile gateway at 100 mb/s Come on Tmobile--- I have even gone through the trouble of mounting this in my attic witha “VERY Good Signal” but I get 130 mb/s sometimes...

7 replies

Userlevel 3
Badge +2

100 mbps, sounds like you are on 4G only. Do you have T-Mobile cell service also? What is your cell phone speed when not connected to the gateway?

Badge

It's on 4g and 5g, I called customer service ice and they said they were happy with my 100mbs, which is the max, it goes as low as 14mbs. I do have tmobile service on my phone and it's about the same. I think they are throttling it down to share band width with everyone.

Userlevel 3
Badge +2

The only other thing I can think of is, what band are you on.

1)For me band n41 gives me my best speed.

2)I am in the suburbs of Atlanta so it’s pretty well packed. 

Hope this helps

Badge

I am on n41 too but my RSRP on 5G and LTE is poor. What kind of speeds are you getting? I have literally put the gateway outside on the roof as a test, but it has not improved my speeds

Userlevel 3
Badge +2

I just ran a test, 2:09 pm,

1)Down 405, up 10.3

2)RSRP 5G -103

3)RSRP LTE  -94

4)I do not have a clear line of sight and I am about 2-4 miles away depending if you are driving or flying.

5)I think I am being targeted right  now I am having to spread my reply out. 

6)Someone did not like one of my replies, T-Mobile acts like the big boys now.

7)I am going away

Good luck I will be on reddit if you want to talk

Badge

My RSSRP IS -91 LTE AND -103 FOR 5G. Its clear to me that Tmobile is throttling the connection, sadly i am about to swnd it back because i have a streaming family, and now we are a buffering family. Maybe one day Tmobile will be able to offer speeds that actually compete with other providers. 

Badge

Block57 thanks for your input, it just confirms that the gateway is capable of more bandwidth, but Tmobile is clearly spooning it out by the teaspoon.