Solved

Streaming issues

• 27 April 2024
  • 1 reply

Badge

Our T-Mobile wifi has been great up until about a month ago.  We can only stream in our living room and no longer stream in the bedroom.  Streaming will constantly freeze in the bedroom.  We have unplugged and restarted the unit numerous times but nothing seems to help.  Can we exchange our unit for a newer model?

icon

Best answer by nc1037 27 April 2024, 18:41

View original

1 reply

Userlevel 5
Badge +7

I don’t know what the procedure is to exchange the gateway.  The newer models have provisions for external antennas if the cellular signal is weak, but I don’t know if the Wi-Fi antennas for broadcasting within your home have been improved.  T-Mobile just introduced a more expensive home internet plan that includes mesh network hardware (which improves the Wi-Fi signal throughout your home) and supposedly better tech support.  You might benefit from that - and I would assume if you described your problem to them, that is what they will try to sell you.  First, let’s see if you can make a change that will improve your situation.

Have you tried other locations for the gateway?  Perhaps closer to your bedroom?  You can get the Speedtest by Ookla app for your phone.  With your phone connected to your Wi-Fi, measure the speed at different points in your home to see how the relative locations affect the speed.  

Another idea: add a second network for your bedroom TV.  Let me know if you would like me to explain.