Question

T mobile home internet 5G signal but "no internet"

• 1 June 2022
  • 6 replies

Badge

I’ve spent about 10 hours on hold or with tech support over the past week. Each tech telling me something different and I’M OVER IT! They’ve sent me the new device, restarted it a million times, etc. 

Device shows “no internet” even though it also shows 5g and 4 bars and says “Good Service”. Can anyone fix this? If I can’t get it solved today I’ll have to cancel since today is the deadline with my other internet provider.

6 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +5

The only quick fix I can think of is:

• Make sure the SIM card in your gateway is using is activated
  • Make sure the SIM card is fully inserted into the gateway slot

Unfortunately, I think you have to call TMobile support to confirm SIM activation.

Badge

Unfortunately after waiting 2 hours yesterday we already went over the new SIM card number and the tech activated it etc. Worked for about an hour and now nothing since yesterday.

Userlevel 5
Badge +5

Unfortunately after waiting 2 hours yesterday we already went over the new SIM card number and the tech activated it etc. Worked for about an hour and now nothing since yesterday.

It will probably take longer than today to figure this out since it is highly unlikely that two separate devices are having the same issue. You might want to call TMO today to see if they are willing to give you more time. Generally speaking if your account shows no data usage, TMO may be willing to refund you a paid month if you end up cancelling after the trial period. If there is a single byte of data use, I’ve been told refund would be impossible. Stupid, but that is their policy.

Userlevel 2
Badge

Oh yes my friend it only gets better.  Wait til you spend a full 24 with them.  Dude they moved Support over to the Philippines for the U.S only(T-Mobile is worldwide don't forget) and trust me when I tell you there is not a single person there that knows anything about what they are supposed to do.  Not one.  It makes sense though to move it for us.  We are the only country in the world that pays over 50 dollars for cellular service so why not move it for us.  After all you didn’t notice that Billy Bob Thornton had a female voice and an Pilipino accent right?  Its the names that's how they trick you lol.  But hey lets continue paying hundreds for a service that doesn’t work and a technical support staff that's only reply is “hold on let just a minute let me put you on hold and see what we can do” for every question only to transfer you to another technical support member from down the hall.  And when you ask them what department you’ve been on the phone with for 10 hours with they say “Haha sir oh did I tell you that you qualify for a free watch”? and quickly put you on hold again to realize after hours of being on hold you just got punked by Tony Stark who totally just transferred you to a colleague of his that will begin the same questions all over again.  What I got out of this whole experience is that this company thinks I am too stupid to realize they outsourced customer support to another country so they use English names.  I am such a materialistic shopping hungry person that a free watch will completely wipe the full day of sitting on hold from my memory.  Oh oh and that I so stupid that I am willing to pay double, even triple what other countries pay for the same cellular plans but with zero support or service.  

Userlevel 2
Badge

Don’t hate me Cali Cat I am just being honest.

Userlevel 5
Badge +5

Don’t hate me Cali Cat I am just being honest.

I’m neither affiliated with TMO or a moderator in the community. You are fully entitled to express your opinions as far as I’m concerned. I came here initially to get support and I found the community very helpful so I am simply trying to repay in kind.