Solved

t-mobile home internet error code

• 21 July 2023
  • 4 replies

Badge

My t-mobile home internet tower displays a error code (WLN502) The internet seems to be working fine on most devices. Some devices like and old TV and some smart devices like fans and plugs won't even pick up any signal. BTW I have the tower's radio frequencies split about every way possible. I've factory reset a couple times now and unplugged for minutes to no resolution. Sorry just out of ideas. Oh before the error code all smart devices were connected.

icon

Best answer by nc1037 21 July 2023, 23:27

View original

4 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +7

I don’t know what that error code means. 

What is happening?  You have factory reset the gateway, but you had several networks configured?  A factory reset would wipe out the ones you created before.  Maybe your devices are trying to connect to a network that no longer exists.  What network IS working for you right now?  (What frequency and security level.)  I always recommend a second 2.4 GHz network with WPA/WPA2 security for “problem” devices that won’t connect (or don’t even see) the default network.

Userlevel 6
Badge +9

According to a search on the internet, some things to try include cooling the gateway with a fan to resolve overheating, and reseating the SIM chip.

Badge

Our phones connect. And like my new LG TV and both ps5and ps4. The devices like my old tcl TV, my ps3 and some other smart devices won't pick up any ssid. Ever since I guess this error code  WLN502. I've split  different frequency and security protocols. Even when I put it in manually 

Userlevel 5
Badge +7

I’m not an employee and I haven’t had to call support myself.  I think if you call them, they should offer to exchange the gateway which is displaying an error code.