Solved

T-Mobile Tuesdays for Home Internet

• 4 October 2022
  • 5 replies

Badge

I have only T-Mobile home internet, and it says on their Mobile Tuesdays app that users are eligible, but when I use the “phone number” (it’s not a real phone number) to sign it, it says it’s sending a code to that number, but I don’t know how to check it because that number was just given to me by T-Mobile when I signed up for home internet. Sorry, that was a long sentence. Any idea what to do?

icon

Best answer by Rogracer2000 19 December 2022, 14:37

View original

5 replies

I have the same issue, was going to start a new post but found yours.  Assume from the no replies that the issue is still outstanding.  Anyone from T-Mobile weighing in?

Userlevel 4
Badge +4

It works for me.  I don’t recall the details exactly. but I think TM sends a text message to your router for the code. You can read the text message by futzing around with the router buttons and reading the message on the tiny screen.

Rogracer2000 - Thanks for the reply.  I had found in another thread that you can receive texts on the gateway and was able to retrieve my code to finish the T-Mobile Tuesdays setup.  I should have updated this thread.

Userlevel 1
Badge

BUT… your gateway may be placed in an awkward location in order to maximize the signal strength.  If so, accessing it to read the promo-code may be tedious.  I’ve experienced this problem for several instances of “Tuesdays”, but have not found a good solution.   Ideally, it should be possible to have an alternate means of receiving the code… perhaps via email or a text to an alternate phone?  The current scheme is not user-friendly.   

Badge

Thank you!