tmobile data limits scam

• 8 February 2023
  • 6 replies

Badge

Looks like you’ve used most of your Home Internet monthly data
Speeds will slow down at 100% usage

Hi, xxx

Be on the lookout—your T-Mobile Home Internet has reached 95% of your 100.00GB monthly data limit. Once you reach 100%, you’ll start to experience slower speeds until .

IMPACTED DEVICE 

Line ending in xxx

This is a total lie, it 100% stops at the limit nothing works.  Agents sold me on it would drop to only 40mb!!  What a scam of a company lie!

6 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +7

I have no idea what you're talking about. i have TMHI and there is no data cap whatsoever. If your plan does have a data cap, cancel your plan, send the gateway back and sign up all over again. The newest offers have no data cap.

Userlevel 6
Badge +9

I have no idea what you're talking about. i have TMHI and there is no data cap whatsoever. If your plan does have a data cap, cancel your plan, send the gateway back and sign up all over again. The newest offers have no data cap.

There is a T-Mobile Home Internet plan that does have data limits starting at 100GB.  It’s called “T-Mobile Home Internet Lite”.

https://www.t-mobile.com/support/home-internet/t-mobile-home-internet-lite

Badge

And it again contains the lie!! “Once you use the monthly data allotment, you will experience reduced speeds.”

Userlevel 5
Badge +7

OK, I stand corrected. Sorry for the inaccurate advice.

Userlevel 3
Badge +4

And it again contains the lie!!

Have you tried contacting TMO Support to see what they say?

Am I strong opinion ever bit of their data allocations and measurements is a scam. It appears they are advertising gigabytes, but measuring gigabits. It’s a huge difference

I have four lines and I know the difference between the above measurements and there is data usages on some of my line that is absolutely impossible, especially when it’s full-time Wi-Fi.