Question

TMobile Home internet

Badge

New to TMobile home internet, couldn’t wait to receive the new tower.  It’s a NOK 5g21  HW Ver 3TG00739B.

After initial set-up it seemed to work OK, and was fast compared to our cell phone hot spot.

Now not so much….Was on the phone with customer support for over an hour yesterday trying to get the tower back up to speed.

download speed as tested on “test my speed”  a paltry 6.08 Mbps

upload speed: 35.26

customer support had us reboot several times, then reset to factory specs.

Primary Signal

PCI  412

Band    B2

EARFCN   675

Secondary Signal

PCI 6

Band  n71

NR-ARFCN  125290

The cell tower is approximately 1 mile away from the house with a clear line of sight no obstructions.  The NOK 5G is sitting next to a window with no obstructions and bounces between 4 and 5 bars signal strength.

I am not “tech” smart being an old dinosaur, and would appreciate some insight as to what the heck is going on?  We are in a remote desert location and thought this was the answer to our internet dreams LOL  Any help is most appreciated.

Thanks Bill

27 replies

Really

Userlevel 7
Badge +8

If you need more info, here are ways to reach T-Mobile.

Sales 1-844-573-0912

Support 1-844-711-0660

Online Support

If the gateway just does not power up or function at all and there is a T-Mobile store close by call them or go by the store and see if they can help you out. 

If you post more details about your home internet gateway and the specific problem(s) with it more responses can be productive. I will try to provide some answers if you can post more details.