Question

Turn Off Wifi?

• 5 August 2022
  • 5 replies

Badge

On the new T-Mobile Internet 5g gateway (the black square one) is there any way to turn wifi off? I have it connected to my router and just want to broadcast wifi using the router. Going through the app/website I don't see where you can turn wifi off (I can only hide it).

5 replies

Did anyone figure this out? I have a $400 wireless router that has $400 router features which I will continue using. I don’t need another Wi-Fi access point with kindergarten features. I get the “set it and forget it” mentality here, but WHAT THE HECK. Can we get a firmware update to just turn off the Wi-Fi?

I want to do the same thing. I just picked up my gateway this past weekend. The YouTube videos I’m watching show a slightly different UI. It appears they’ve taken away the login screen that should have been at the bottom of the page. Calling customer support...

Turn off wifi

Thank you. That worked. It looks like it exposes a web service that you need to talk to directly. 

CSR said Wi-Fi could be disabled but I see no option. Also no functional web UI. The app can lock up on Wi-Fi changes. Newest gateway.