Question

Turn Off Wifi?

• 5 August 2022
  • 5 replies

Badge

On the new T-Mobile Internet 5g gateway (the black square one) is there any way to turn wifi off? I have it connected to my router and just want to broadcast wifi using the router. Going through the app/website I don't see where you can turn wifi off (I can only hide it).

5 replies

I want to do the same thing. I just picked up my gateway this past weekend. The YouTube videos I’m watching show a slightly different UI. It appears they’ve taken away the login screen that should have been at the bottom of the page. Calling customer support...

Did anyone figure this out? I have a $400 wireless router that has $400 router features which I will continue using. I don’t need another Wi-Fi access point with kindergarten features. I get the “set it and forget it” mentality here, but WHAT THE HECK. Can we get a firmware update to just turn off the Wi-Fi?

CSR said Wi-Fi could be disabled but I see no option. Also no functional web UI. The app can lock up on Wi-Fi changes. Newest gateway.

Turn off wifi

Thank you. That worked. It looks like it exposes a web service that you need to talk to directly.