Question

TV & Home Internet- WiFi

• 8 March 2023
  • 2 replies

Badge

I'm in South Pasadena, CA.

I've had the new home wifi for the last 2 months and its been great. However the last 2 weeks, its constantly going out.  I have fire box TV, I've reset the box and Tmobilebox, disconnected and reconnected. I called the support desk, he said it could be due to high traffic, as there are no other issues in the area which is crazy as it just stops working completely and its still so random. I'm almost thinking this was a mistake to change over. Is anyone else in my area having the same issues?

The upside he has called a few times to follow up. 

Frustrated 😞 

2 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +8

I am in Northern California and not experiencing any issues. 

By “fire box” I assume you are talking about an Amazon fire TV box? Did the T-Mobile Gateway get moved? It is unusual that your signal would change because the tower is stationary and your gateway should stand alone by itself. 

Can other devices besides your TV connect to the gateway and get internet access? Have you tried to check the TV settings to see if the DNS or IP address of the TV has changed? 

Good luck!

Badge

If when you switched to TMobile you kept it simple, like me, used the same Network Wi-Fi name and password…. I know it’s a pain, but start with the simplest and change your password before requesting a new gateway.