Solved

TV Streaming with Hulu + Live TV

• 25 April 2023
  • 2 replies

Badge

I am seeing articles and issues pertaining to Hulu + Live TV not working with T Mobile Internet.  Is this true, or has it been resolved?

icon

Best answer by BobT 26 April 2023, 15:47

View original

2 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +7

This may not answer your question since I only have Hulu No-Ads, not Hulu Live TV. For me, it works perfectly with no buffering or lags. I use YouTube TV because I like the scrubbing feature better than the other services I've tried, including Hulu.

Sorry, I couldn't give you more first-hand information. Good luck!

Good luck!

Userlevel 4
Badge +5

Hulu Live TV local channels are  hit or miss  since Hulu Live relies on IP based geolocation database services which are typically inaccurate for mobile carriers due to their newtwork infrastructure. For me, YouTube TV was a better choice since it is more flexible in establishing your correct location and thereby your proper local channels.

At the same time for browsers such as Firefox, Chrome and Edge running on WIndows there is an add-on available called LocationGuard which let’s you establish your proper location -  web sites and content providers  that utilize the browser’s built-in location API will report/use that location (YTV uses that api in the browsers mentioned). Web sites and content providers that use the often inaccurate IP based geolocation services and databases will frequently be wrong.

IMHO, it’s unlikely T-Mobile will provide a resolution since it’s not really their problem but a function of content providers relying upon IP addresses for a purpose other than intended; but it’s convenient for those content providers to point the finger at mobile carriers.