Question

What apps on a Smart TV don't work with Tmobile Internet?

• 4 March 2022
  • 3 replies

Badge

I know that people have trouble with HuluLive TV with the Tmobile internet.  The apps I use to watch shows/movies on my Roku TV are Netflix, Hulu (not live), Amazon Prime video, Paramount+ (CBS+), Vudu, Roku, Disney+, ESPN.  Are there any issues with these apps when using Tmobile internet?  I rarely use my computer to watch TV/movies and never use my phone (I prefer a larger screen for viewing).

3 replies

Had same question. Hulu live still not recognizing the location as home. But I see my modem says I’m in a city far away from where my actual address is. 

I know that people have trouble with HuluLive TV with the Tmobile internet.  The apps I use to watch shows/movies on my Roku TV are Netflix, Hulu (not live), Amazon Prime video, Paramount+ (CBS+), Vudu, Roku, Disney+, ESPN.  Are there any issues with these apps when using Tmobile internet?  I rarely use my computer to watch TV/movies and never use my phone (I prefer a larger screen for viewing).

I have a similar problem with movies locking up midway through on Amazon Prime and Apple TV apps. Is this due to Dynamic IP Issues? Is there a fix for this?

Any streaming service, which promises local content will likely NOT work with T-Mobile.  It’s a huge issue, that T-Mobile is unwilling….or unable to fix.  The cellular network connects to the Internet at a location that can be several hundred miles away.  So you will get THAT local content...not yours.  For example, I live in the middle of Iowa and my local content is for Minneapolis.

It sucks and T-Mobile is not able to correct the situation….they blame the streaming service.