Question

What is going on with T-mobile home internet connection?

Userlevel 2
Badge

Why am I having my 5g internet connection stop working it cuts out all the time .Theirs times when it works fine then the next day it's not working at all.

T-mobile needs to get there stuff 2gether when I first got T-Mobile Internet (8 months) it worked fine no problems at all it was great but now it went to hell . I have so much problems with it I call T-mobile and they do there checking and they always come back and say it's a Tower issue. Well I live a block away from the Tower I can actually see it from my front window I don't see anyone working on the tower. I think there Equipment is not able to carry the amount of connection it's dealing with all they say is that they are working on the tower to fix the issue but it's fixed for a few days the it not working again.  I'm just ready to give up and go with Xfinity WiFi has anyone else have this issue with the T-mobile home internet service????

10 replies

Badge

Yes I’ve been having the same problem with the service… I was supposed to get a credit for my problems and never did! Lately I have to reset my modem every morning to get my internet service to work right and I get the same old same old someone’s updating the towers!!!

Cmon t mobile 

I have been tearing my hair out for almost a month. They sent me 3 replacement modems already and cannot get 1 of them to stay on. Cuts out constantly. Who wants to deal with that? I made 5 calls already and had to go through the whole thing before I could talk to someone and then I couldn't understand them anyway. So, I give up, all this stuff is going back and when my contract is up, I am changing carriers. I will go with a dealer who hires American English-speaking employees.

Why am I having my 5g internet connection stop working it cuts out all the time .Theirs times when it works fine then the next day it's not working at all.

T-mobile needs to get there stuff 2gether when I first got T-Mobile Internet (8 months) it worked fine no problems at all it was great but now it went to hell . I have so much problems with it I call T-mobile and they do there checking and they always come back and say it's a Tower issue. Well I live a block away from the Tower I can actually see it from my front window I don't see anyone working on the tower. I think there Equipment is not able to carry the amount of connection it's dealing with all they say is that they are working on the tower to fix the issue but it's fixed for a few days the it not working again.  I'm just ready to give up and go with Xfinity WiFi has anyone else have this issue with the T-mobile home internet service????

Yes I'm having the same issues with the home internet and it's ridiculous and very frustrating!! This needs to be fixed or else just completely done away with and discontinued!!

T mobile sucks 

Came here to see what’s up with the home internet.  I’ve had it for about a year and it’s been...fine.  Until about a week or so ago.  Suddenly from about 4 to 8pm it’s virtually unusable.  Connection will completely go out for an hour, come back for 30 seconds, go back out.  I still have cell connection…which is served from the same towers...so what gives?  I can’t watch tv, use the internet, my girlfriend has to turn on her hotspot to do work.  This is ridiculous.  Don’t tell me some “peak time” garbage.  It’s been fine for a year.

Userlevel 4
Badge +4

The first step in these issues is to check the TM Internet App under “Quality Metrics” to get a basic understanding of what might be going on with both the 4G and 5G bands you are connecting to.

RSRQ -4

RSRP -99

SINR 18.6

BAND N41

However these numbers will change during peak times.  Sometimes RSRQ wil give me a blank line.

Userlevel 4
Badge +4

Your power level looks a bit low (but I’ve gotten good performance with lower levels), but the fact that your quality metric sometimes goes a-wall may be telling.  There is a “belief” that the modem is overly aggressive is trying to attach to the N41 band when, in fact, it should be connecting with N71.  People have reported that actually placing the modem in a “less favorable” spot can force a connection with N71.  I actually have a friend that put aluminum foil over 2 of the 4 antennas to force a connection to N71.  In doing so, the was able to get a nice stable internet connection, without the constant dropping he was getting on N41.  HTH. 

I live underneath a tower, almost literally. I had issues of dropping Internet but showing 4 bars on the gateway. I exchanged gateways a couple of months ago and everything seemed fine, however it's dropped the Internet three times in the last few days. I'm thinking it's because the SERVER is located about 100 miles away from me. Can that be possible?

Userlevel 4
Badge +4

I live underneath a tower, almost literally. I had issues of dropping Internet but showing 4 bars on the gateway. I exchanged gateways a couple of months ago and everything seemed fine, however it's dropped the Internet three times in the last few days. I'm thinking it's because the SERVER is located about 100 miles away from me. Can that be possible?

I really don’t think your server location is a factor.  Mine is 150 miles away with no issues.  Seems odd you are getting only 4 bars below the tower...the signal is very directional but that doesn't sound correct.  Have you checked your other signal metrics?