Question

Why not participate in the Affordable Connectivity Program (ACP)??

Show first post

28 replies

Userlevel 1

Yes, it seems T-Mobile is only providing the ACP benefit through their sister/subsidiary companies Assurance Wireless and Metro by T-Mobile. I too don’t understand why they are refusing to provide the ACP benefit to customers directly with T-Mobile. They’re customer service team is also still uneducated and uninformed about the program and the fact that T-Mobile is not providing it to direct customers, which adds to the annoyance of the already lacking customer service provided by their representatives (Eunice & Stacy were mine). Seeking help from the customer service will lead to frustration, wasted time, and you getting nowhere. These exact same issues were prevalent in regard to the Emergency Broadband Benefit (EBB).

It is sketchy at the least and frankly stupid at best that T-Mobile is not providing this program’s benefit to its direct customers.

Verizon Wireless does however provide access to the ACP benefit for its Home Internet service to its direct customers, and once their service is available in my area, I will most definitely be switching. 

Do better, T-Mobile. This experience has been pathetic.

I totally agree. My experience with T-Mobile has been far less than acceptable. I was told by 3 different reps of T-Mobile that they accepted the ACP but once I switched to them for service I was told by yet another CS rep that they do not. I was formerly with Xfinity who DOES accept ACP and was counting on that monthly discount when I switched to T-Mobile. I was told by yet another rep yesterday that “the government will not allow them to participate” which is obviously a lie. What I was told I was getting for a package deal was not what I got. There are 15,696 complaints filed with the Better Business Bureau (and there will be one more shortly) and I fully understand why - they do not care. I cannot recommend them for anything. As soon as my phone is paid for, I will be switching to a company that has integrity. 

Userlevel 1

Yes, it seems T-Mobile is only providing the ACP benefit through their sister/subsidiary companies Assurance Wireless and Metro by T-Mobile. I too don’t understand why they are refusing to provide the ACP benefit to customers directly with T-Mobile. They’re customer service team is also still uneducated and uninformed about the program and the fact that T-Mobile is not providing it to direct customers, which adds to the annoyance of the already lacking customer service provided by their representatives (Eunice & Stacy were mine). Seeking help from the customer service will lead to frustration, wasted time, and you getting nowhere. These exact same issues were prevalent in regard to the Emergency Broadband Benefit (EBB).

It is sketchy at the least and frankly stupid at best that T-Mobile is not providing this program’s benefit to its direct customers.

Verizon Wireless does however provide access to the ACP benefit for its Home Internet service to its direct customers, and once their service is available in my area, I will most definitely be switching. 

Do better, T-Mobile. This experience has been pathetic.

I just joined T-Mobile & I checked on their participation in the ACP & found this statement: https://investor.t-mobile.com/news-and-events/t-mobile-us-press-releases/press-release-details/2022/TMobile-Brings-the-Federal-Affordable-Connectivity-Program-to-More-Customers-with-FREE-Wireless-Service-at-Metro-by-TMobile/default.aspx .

Have you applied through the T-Mobile process & been denied? If so, maybe I won’t bother doing it myself.