Question

Why not participate in the Affordable Connectivity Program (ACP)??

Userlevel 2
Badge

I am a T-Mobile Home Internet user and was getting benefits from the EBB (Emergency Broadband Benefit) which ended this month. I was eligible to continue benefits under the new Affordable Connectivity Program (ACP) but then found out that T-Mobile has chosen NOT to participate in this new program. I am being told I need to switch my service to Metro or Assurance (which require a phone line to get Home Internet). I’m not interested in switching my accounts, but if I have to-  I won’t be going to one of their subsidiaries, I’ll move to AT&T or Verizon (both supporting their customers by participating in the ACP. 

WHY is T-Mobile not choosing to participate in the ACP?? 
Why is T-Mobile choosing to NOT support their customers in a time of need?  

28 replies

I am extremely upset that T-Mobile is not offering the ACP program for their home internet checked with Metro by T-Mobile and they wanted $49 to hook it up and I also had to have phone service through them I am perfectly happy with my current phone provider not going to switch I have had T-Mobile home internet for a year and a half and was very happy with the service till now I will be switching to Verizon home internet as soon as it's available in my area because they do offer the ACP program to their customers it's a shame that T-Mobile's treating their customers like that

What a disappointment. I’ve always trusted T-Mobile and it’s customer service. And really unethical. T-Mobile is on the Government’s list that they will provide access to ACP. I tried the Metro phone # and the Assurance phone #, but because I don’t do business with them I wasn’t able to talk to anybody about what services they offer, let alone how to access ACP. I really don’t want to change services, but I guess I will research other internet companies and see if they are as unethical in their statements as T-Mobile is. Really poor customer service and relations by T-Mobile. I guess old people, veterans and people doing their best to make ends meet are an anathema to T-Mobile. I thought you were better than that!

Got the news that T-Mobile home internet DOES NOT participate in the ACP and Lifeline (federal) programs after an hour and a half signing up to get the service and talking on the phone with reps who don't quickly even understand what the f#%* I'm saying asking about!

I'll be leaving T-Mobile phone and not getting home internet--no way!

Yep t-mobile doesn’t accept it. It’s a complete lie. They also said I would be locked in at $30/$35(non auto) and it’s charging me $45. Also upped my cell phone bill from $50(i’m from sprint) to $65

They 100% DO NOT participate in ACP no matter what they tell you before hand. Also my bill that should have been a max of $85(I can swing that) is now $115. Pretty pricy. Verizon is not in my area so that is a no go.