Question

wifi

• 4 May 2023
  • 2 replies

Badge

after I setup my 5g gateway and change my wifi name and password, when I reconnect, in the app it asks me connect to the wifi but the name the app wants me to connect to is the mane that the gateway came with, and will not go any further.

2 replies

I went in the hospital and my wifi that came with my phone,the hospitals wifi wouldn't let me make calls or text unless I switch to their network.So I did,but when I came home I was switching back to my own I don't remember the wifi name that was displayed on my phone and when I tried to log into my gateway it kept saying wrong password that was displayed.How do I change this,take the router back to the local T mobile store.

Userlevel 5
Badge +7

@3Cts your phone should have saved the credentials for your home network, and every other network it successfully connected to.  On your phone, open your settings, find the Wi-Fi section, and tap the name of your home network.  If this doesn’t work or you still need to enter a password, you can find the original password (and original network name) on a label on the gateway.  This should work unless you changed it. If you did change it but you can’t find it, you will need to reset the gateway.  I don’t know the procedure for this without some research, so please see what you find and report back here.