Question

Devices only see 5GHZ router - Need to see 2,4ghz also

• 2 February 2022
  • 9 replies

Badge

All my devices only see my 5ghz T-Mobile gateway.  I’d like to add smart bulbs that require 2.4ghz. 

Solution?

9 replies

Userlevel 3
Badge +2

You might need to reset the device, make sure you have the 2.4 setup on your gateway are you using the same SSID for your 5 and 2.4?

Please explain how to see both 2.4 and 5.o ghz separately. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +8

There is an FAQ that T-Mobile has which covers that for each of the gateways. I will see if I can find the link to that page again for you.

Userlevel 7
Badge +8

https://www.t-mobile.com/home-internet/faq

The 5G Gateway is preconfigured with a single Wi-Fi network, which functions on both 2.4 Ghz and 5 Ghz frequencies and supports intelligent band steering.

I have not used this information but I know it is available. If you have the Arcadyan or Sagemcon gateway you have to use the T-Mobile Internet application on your mobile phone to do the changes.

Okay. Able to set up 2.4 network separate from Gateway 2.4/5.0 network. All works fine now.

Userlevel 7
Badge +8

Great news! So I guess the information helped out? If so mission accomplished.

All my devices only see my 5ghz T-Mobile gateway.  I’d like to add smart bulbs that require 2.4ghz. 

Solution?

HHad the same problem moving from Xfinity to T-Mobile I have approximately 45 devices and 42 of them are on 2.4 when I switch to T-Mobile only five megahertz would run and I did set it up to automatically to switch in the settings. I went back to Xfinity and they all worked fine. A YouTube review said that you had to hook up your router that you may have had before and connect it to the T-Mobile box. We call that a Rube Goldberg when something is supposed to work and it doesn't so you find a workaround. That's cheesy if it's true

Userlevel 5
Badge +7

@dte230 There is a better way.  @iTinkeralot linked the instructions on how to create a separate 2.4 GHz network.  Did you try that?  Be sure to set security to WPA/WPA2 for the 2.4 Ghz network.

Yea that was the first attempt. Went back to xfinity was fine. I now have 2 networks setup, one for 2.4 and the 5 but haven't had the time to get everything back on. 45 devices are a lot to go back and recheck. Because I am so I will tell you that when I had it up and running with my laptop it was fastest could be I had 350 down and 85 up