Solved

Wifi smart thermostat

Userlevel 1
Badge

Since joining the T-Mobile 5G Internet, I find that I cannot connect my Lennox smart thermostat to Wi-Fi. Any suggestions?  I now have two things without Wi-Fi connection with my new T-Mobile Internet: printer and thermostat!  Not happy…

icon

Best answer by Pattycake 19 July 2022, 21:20

View original

4 replies

Probably does not accept 5ghtz.  You have to go into your Gateway and separate the networks. 2.4g and 5g

Userlevel 1
Badge

Thanks for trying to help. I’m not wireless savvy so afraid I have no idea how to accomplish that. If you have a fix for dummies, please explain. I’ve only had one previous internet router from AT&T which worked perfectly on all my devices.

Badge

I have the same issues with thermostat and printer.  T-Mobile assisted with making sure I had both 5 and 2g at my house.  Other wifi devices work except these two.

Do I need to but a separate router?

Clues as to why Alexa, tablets, and other devices work but not others?    Thank you

Userlevel 1
Badge

T-mobile tech helped me separate my gateway (2G and 5G).  My thermostat connected but printer would not.  Called support for my printer who helped me reconfigure my printer settings and it now works perfectly.  Hope this helps!