Question

Samsung S24 Pre-order Issues with Samsung

• 18 January 2024
  • 19 replies

Userlevel 1
Badge

I am attempting to take advantage of the pre-order special for the Samsung Galaxy S24 Ultra directly from Samsung.com because their offer is better than T-Mobile. Samsung.com is offering the same trade-in credit as T-Mobile but additional credits towards a Samsung Galaxy 6 Classic watch and Coverage. 

So purchasing directly with Samsung.com is the far more lucrative route to go; however, despite the fact that I have a normal T-Mobile Go5g Plus plan, the Samsung website still keeps rejecting my attempts to complete purchase with the following error message:

"Your account type is not supported on Samsung.com. Please see the non supported account types listed on the page."

To reiterate, my account is not any one of the exempt types listed on that page and all of the rest of our phones utilize carrier finance without issue.

Can someone please assist in trying to resolve this issue?

Thank you!

19 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +16

are you trying to upgrade one device or multiple at once? and have you contact Samsung in case the issue is on their side and not so much TMOs?

Userlevel 1
Badge

Only upgrading one device.  The watch/product coverage are just add-ons to use up the promotional credits.  I am reaching out to both Samsung and T-Mobile as initial run at Samsung customer service did not really get anywhere.

Userlevel 7
Badge +16

i have a feeling its an issue on their side. if it were on TMOs you would see the site getting hammered by posters running into this. especially since the pre order kicked off yesterday.

Userlevel 1
Badge

I did not see a post for this either side so thus the post creation on both sides.  Even if it is an issue on the Samsung side, if it is impacting other T-Mobile users, this would be a logical place to see resolutions achieved.

Userlevel 7
Badge +16

not overly seeing as how the site is primarily peer to peer assistance.

@HeavenM  have you heard of any issues popping up with the preorder?

I'm having the exact same problem. I contacted T-Mobile today and they said to contact Samsung. I contacted Samsung last night through the chat with an expert button that was next to the carrier selection area and they said we can't answer these questions.

Our account is valid and we are eligible for a T-Mobile Installment Plan.

Userlevel 1
Badge

Thanks for reaffirming it may not just be me dealing with this!  I saw a Reddit thread with a ton of people identifying the same issue as well.   And same issue last year with the S23 launch.

That said, I dealt with Samsung chat earlier and ended up wasting a ton of time to get nowhere.   So just tried Tweeting Samsung/T-Mobile at the same time.  T-mobile responded promptly and has been super helpful in identifying/sorting through what my issue may be (fixes won't be in place for another day or two so cannot confirm yet to be sure).

My specific issue seems to be rooted in the fact that I previously had a legacy plan that I had carried forward from Sprint.  Even though my family is now on the Go5g Plus plan,  apparently there were some "blockers" from the old plan still attached to my account.  The service rep has been working on getting any remnants of the old plan removed in the background so Samsung.com won't flag the account as ineligible and I can push through the upgrade with the other promos as expected.

Hope this helps and good luck!

Userlevel 7
Badge +13

It is amazing to have so many ways to order devices, get great deals, and have it all on your T-Mobile account. 

It is important that the plan is correct, so it is good that you made sure that you are on Go5G Plus/Next plan. Samsung.com allows Individual Regular accounts to order devices on the T-Mobile account with the available promotions. If you have a Business, Government, or Employee account you can still take advantage of the promotions, just not through the Samsung Website. 

Are you on a different kind of account type or are you getting any discounts on your T-Mobile account from your employer?

I am attempting to take advantage of the pre-order special for the Samsung Galaxy S24 Ultra directly from Samsung.com because their offer is better than T-Mobile. Samsung.com is offering the same trade-in credit as T-Mobile but additional credits towards a Samsung Galaxy 6 Classic watch and Coverage. 

So purchasing directly with Samsung.com is the far more lucrative route to go; however, despite the fact that I have a normal T-Mobile Go5g Plus plan, the Samsung website still keeps rejecting my attempts to complete purchase with the following error message:

"Your account type is not supported on Samsung.com. Please see the non supported account types listed on the page."

To reiterate, my account is not any one of the exempt types listed on that page and all of the rest of our phones utilize carrier finance without issue.

Can someone please assist in trying to resolve this issue?

Thank you!

I have been dealing with the same issue since the 17th at the start of pre-order. I've dealt with Samsung and T-Mobile both multiple times and no one can seem to get a handle on what's going on. I'm so irritated that I'm going to lose out on all the benefit of going through Samsung because I'm going to eventually be forced to go through T-Mobile just to get the phone. No one's doing anything they've now escalated my case but it's literally like talking to a wall. This alone makes me want to take my business elsewhere and I've been a loyal Samsung customer for years. Absolutely ridiculous. Don't offer a pre-order deal to all customers on your site and then stop them from actually being able to do so.

I have an account with tmobile. Can I upgrade my phone to the s24 through Samsung and not affect my current plan with tmo?

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

I have an account with tmobile. Can I upgrade my phone to the s24 through Samsung and not affect my current plan with tmo?

Yes

Userlevel 7
Badge +13

Yes

As long as you have a regular individual account. If you have a business, government, or employee account, you would need to go directly through T-Mobile using your preferred resource: online, in the app, over the phone or in store. 

Badge

I have this exact same issue and have been calling back over and over trying to get it fixed over the last 10 days.  Please share if you’re successful.  TMobile has been utterly useless at resolving it. What they need to do is fix it, but at minimum they should offer to match the deals on Samsung since they f’d up my account. 

I am tired of wasting hours and hours on this.

Badge

Yes

As long as you have a regular individual account. If you have a business, government, or employee account, you would need to go directly through T-Mobile using your preferred resource: online, in the app, over the phone or in store. 

Here’s a question.  What does Tmobile consider an employee account?  Was the insider promotion they were running several years ago the same as an employee account?  I would assume actual employees get a much better deal than that but perhaps Tmobile flagged that as a true employee account and that’s causing the problem.

A T-Mobile rep specifically told me it wasn’t but who knows.  

I hope this helps everyone. After a ton of research and finally getting a T-Mobile tech guy on the phone to bounce some stuff off of, I think we pretty much got to the bottom of it and ultimately it's bull crap but it provides an actual answer finally. At some point at least for me, in all the years I've had my account after starting as an individual regular account or I/R, I received some discounts through employers towards my phone service which for some arteries and turned my account into a business account or I/M, MCSA. If they would just tell you this on Samsung site and be very detailed it would probably save a lot of headache. But there's multiple reasons why your account might be listed as a business account instead of a regular account and apparently in order to change it you would have to basically start a whole new account from scratch and probably more headache than it's worth. I wind up finally succumbing to order my phone on T-Mobile but it's very disappointing and really something that should be addressed properly in the future. Hope this helps some of you.

Userlevel 7
Badge +13

Yes

Here’s a question.  What does Tmobile consider an employee account?  Was the insider promotion they were running several years ago the same as an employee account?  I would assume actual employees get a much better deal than that but perhaps Tmobile flagged that as a true employee account and that’s causing the problem.

An employee account could be that you work for T-Mobile or if you work for a company that provides a discount on your monthly bill. If you get a discount because of your employer that is not T-Mobile, then you would be on an MCSA account like eden77 mentions. 

An insider discount does not change your account type, so if you are on an individual regular account and get an insider discount, you could still place your order through Samsung’s website. 

Badge

Yes

An employee account could be that you work for T-Mobile or if you work for a company that provides a discount on your monthly bill. If you get a discount because of your employer that is not T-Mobile, then you would be on an MCSA account like eden77 mentions. 

An insider discount does not change your account type, so if you are on an individual regular account and get an insider discount, you could still place your order through Samsung’s website. 

I can confirm that neither of those apply to me but I am still unable to place an order on Samsung’s site and so far TMobile has done nothing to address the situation other than blame Samsung (and Samsung blames Tmobile)

I’ve been such a big fan for years so it’s very disappointing that this cannot get resolved or at least a fair work around offered (T-Mobile could just offer me a similar discount to what Samsung is, but they won’t.) To upgrade my family from Tmobile’s side rather than Samsung’s side is going to cost me around $400 more. All Tmobile will offer is to waive the $35 activation fee, something you don’t pay for on Samsung’s site anyway.  Thanks for nothing guys.

I have spent HOURS on the phone with T-Mobile and nobody can escalate or fix (or even figure out the issue). I have to do all the work myself and tell them how to fix it and they still can’t. 

Badge

I wanted to say I work in Technology and understand mistakes happen.  I don’t fault T-Mobile for that.  But they need to have escalation procedures in place to address situations like this when their low-level employees are unable to address a database error of some kind.

It’s just inexcusable to say “yes, we have confirmed you’re eligible and should not be getting that error.  We apologize for the inconvenience.  Hope we gave you excellent service today!”

That’s just a giant middle finger to a loyal customer.  What they should say is “looks like the price difference would have been about $80-100 per line.  How about a $100 credit per line when you do this upgrade to make it even?  Will that work?  Awesome great.  I’ll help process that for you.”  

That’s bare minimum, as it doesn’t address the massive hassle and inconvenience, but they’re offering NOTHING for their own mistakes that they’re in no rush to fix.

I have been having issues with T-Mobile since the beginning of the year. Their customer support is HORRIBLE!!! It is the worst I have ever experienced with any company I have ever dealt with, including non cellphone company's. They had me under a business account; I do not or ever owned a company.  I have four phones in my account (wife and kids). They all upgraded their iphones. I’m an android guy so they recommended that I wait for the s24, so I did. I also changed our account to the Go5G Plus 55. I can access the account through the app, but not online. Online it keeps opening the business account, that I no longer have. Their customer support put in a couple tickets and nothing. I was on the phone with them so many times and for hours at a times. I regret renewing/upgrading with them. 

I just ordered the new s24 Plus with Samsung. It was half the price of what T-Mobile offers. I am also getting two cases with screen protectors from a $75 disciunts Samsung also offered. I wish I would have known sooner and before I renewed with them. Now I am stuck with them for the next two years. This company is one of the worst! Their customer reps stateside have more knowledge about their products and how to help, unfortunately there is no real way to ensure you get one in the US.