Question

14 YEARS OF LOYAL T MOBILE MEMBER AND THEY DO THIS TO ME? THIS IS LIKE STEALING LITERALLY.

• 31 January 2023
  • 6 replies

Badge

So the title says that and here I will extend more. these guys want your money so bad, they are sending me an another month to pay even though I closed my account and paid my month blll early(it ends FEBURARY 6) and I kept telling them thats basically stealing. She wouldn’t even tell me why and I asked for a supervisor and she wouldn’t get one she pretended to get one and it took so long call was over 55 minutes too also.  So they closed my account after I paid the FEES the LAST MONTH I USE T MOBILE AS OF TODAY 1/30/2023 after 14 YEARS OF A LOYAL CUSTOMER, I always set it up that I pay my bill one month in advance, but since im closing my account I paid off everything which is the one month left that didnt even end UNTIL FEBRUARY 6th. Then they said they will bill me a final one AFTER ASWELL.

Don’t even use t mobile anymore too expensive, they took all my credits away when I cancelled after I asked what happened to my credits they said I had none when I always saved my credits. And to think being a loyal 14 year customer they wouldn’t do me dirty like this, Lady said she can’t even provide me a confirmation email or a physical email of the account closing, I asked for this incase somethinggoes wrong and I got proof, she still wouldn’t. She tried everything to not explain why I had to pay ANOTHER MONTH that IM NOT EVEN USING and the month isnt EVEN HERE YET, 1 MORE DAY AND NOT ONLY THAT LIKE I SAID FEBRUARY 6th IS MY PAY DATE BUT I PAID ALREADY JUST SO  CAN CLOSE MY ACCOUNT. BUT NOW ALL MY CREDITS PROMOTIONS OVER THER 14 YEARS OF SERVICE SUDDENLY GONE AND NOT ONLY THAT I HAVE TO PAY ONE MORE MONTH LOL?

NO EMAIL CONFIRMATION OR PHYSICAL MAIL EITHER WHEN REQUESTED SHE SAID YOULL RECEIVE A TEXT WHICH I DID NOT GET EITHER.

6 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

You need to close before the day the bill is generated not the due date.

Start talking to them about filing a complaint with the FTC, Office of the Attorney General, and things like that. They have to feel threatened to do something. It has worked for me.

Badge

Did you not even read it? It's not even February 6 which would be my due date that means it has to be February 7th for them to generate another month now do you understand? And like I stated in the original post I paid and cancelled as of JANUARY 3O 2023. THATS A WEEK EARLIER THAN MY DUE DATE and not another month to generate another bill. Do some of you even read no offense you just say stuff without reading.

Badge

My post was to you, also please actually read the entire thing and understand before responding is it februsry 6th yet? No did i wait another month for another monthly bill no even if i paid february 1 it still isnt a new month because its due the 6TH OF FEBRUARY HELLO,not sure why it didn't quote you on my reply to you

anyways and as for the advice guy thank you @JRabbit I don't have time to do all that sadly I work too much 

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

My post was to you, also please actually read the entire thing and understand before responding is it februsry 6th yet? No did i wait another month for another monthly bill no even if i paid february 1 it still isnt a new month because its due the 6TH OF FEBRUARY HELLO,not sure why it didn't quote you on my reply to you

anyways and as for the advice guy thank you @JRabbit I don't have time to do all that sadly I work too much 

If you have been with Tmobile for 14 years you probably are set up for billing in arrears. So say every 23rd of the month it generates a bill with a due date of the 6th even once the payment is made another bill will generate.

I just went through this with canceling a line and the rep told me I would not get charged on my next bill since I canceled it on my billing cycle date. So the question is what date did you cancel service?  Before or after the end of the billing cycle.

This link may help explain, I had the same thing happen to me when I left Verizon for Tmobile.

https://www.t-mobile.com/support/account/cancel-service#steps2

Userlevel 7
Badge +13

Hey there. Dealing with any company after cancelling service with them can be a highly frustrating experience, but we should be making that process easier and reducing the headaches that come along with it. The final bill can be especially confusing, especially when you make sure that there is a $0 balance when the cancellation takes place. I think that @gramps28 gramps28 was just trying to explain that the due date for the bill is not the last day of the bill cycle. That is a really confusing statement so let me explain a little further. 

Since you have been with T-Mobile for 14 years, your account was most likely “bill arrears” which means that the bill cycle opens on day 1, closes on day 30, and then your due date is about three weeks later. Since your due date was the 6th of each month, that means that your actual bill cycle dates are from the 14th of each month to the 13th of the next month. For example, your bill that was due Feb 6th would have been for service on December 14th through January 13th. You cancelled service on January 30th so your final bill would be the charges from January 14th through January 30th. The best way to really see this is to take a look at the paper or pdf bill. In the top right corner, there is a spot that says bill period. One the second page there is also a spot that says Regular charges and has a date range there. 

It is great that you have been able to pay the account early. I don’t have account access here through the Community, so I can’t see the details of your past payments or credits that you had on your account. I do know that if you had active promotions on the account that were discounting devices, those end when the account cancels and they don’t apply to remaining balances. That can lead to a larger final bill than you were accounting for, but it would all be itemized on the final bill that you receive. The final bill will have a confirmation that the account is cancelled and will come to you through the mail so you can keep it for your records. 

I hope that this helps clarify why there is still a final bill even though you had a $0 balance on 1/30 when you cancelled.