Question

3rd party purchases blocked?

• 18 May 2022
  • 6 replies

Badge

I got a new Samsung phone from T-Mobile store, I can no longer use my T-mobile account on Play Store to make purchases.  The payment method has been disabled on Play Store, when I try to “enable” it again it says “due to my T-Mobile account settings I cannot enable this payment method” and to contact the primary account holder (ME!).  I’ve searched through my T-Mobile account settings for three days - I cannot find anywhere that these purchases are blocked.  I certainly did not block them.  I don’t know what else to try.

6 replies

Profile, blocked calls and messages, choose the phone number you want to block, block other, block content downloads. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +15

If.you can't find the setting to change.  Reach out to Customer Care at 611 or by DM'ing T-Mobile on Facebook or Twitter to have them make the change for you.

I got a new Samsung phone from T-Mobile store, I can no longer use my T-mobile account on Play Store to make purchases.  The payment method has been disabled on Play Store, when I try to “enable” it again it says “due to my T-Mobile account settings I cannot enable this payment method” and to contact the primary account holder (ME!).  I’ve searched through my T-Mobile account settings for three days - I cannot find anywhere that these purchases are blocked.  I certainly did not block them.  I don’t know what else to try

Same things happening to me. I called three times they said that they changed it now or nobody will be able to buy anything and have it sent to the T-Mobile bill that is horrible I like ordering movies and everything and the Play store and Roblox. This is just another thing that's going on with our country; food going up milk eggs now they're taking this away .gas prices up what else . It was just so easy to add stuff to the bill this sucks.

Userlevel 1
Badge

@gramps28 

WHERE???????? Poster, and myself have looked in settings and can't find an option to do this anywhere. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

If you have a post paid plan you can change the settings in your MyTmobile account.

How do I block 3rd party purchases?