Question

Absolutely Terrible Experience with Assurant - Avoid Them at All Costs!

• 6 September 2023
  • 12 replies

Badge

I recently dealt with Assurant, and I cannot express how utterly disappointed and frustrated I am with their abysmal customer service. My ordeal began when I needed a replacement phone, and it took a whopping ten days for Assurant to deliver it, turning what should have been a straightforward process into a never-ending nightmare.

First and foremost, their customer service representatives were a nightmare. It was as if they had no regard for the fact that I had been without a functioning phone for a week and a half. I was met with incompetence, indifference, and a complete lack of urgency on their part. Basic customer service etiquette was an alien concept to them.

But the horror didn't stop there. After receiving the replacement phone, I was slapped with a jaw-dropping $500+ "no return phone fee" on my T-Mobile bill, which Assurant was supposed to take care of after I returned the damaged device. Despite my return of the phone and multiple follow-ups, Assurant is forcing me to wait through not one but two billing cycles before removing this fee from my T-Mobile bill. This careless delay in resolving the issue cost me time, energy, and significant money.

I am appalled by Assurant's utter disregard for their customers' time and peace of mind. They prioritize their bureaucratic processes over the needs and satisfaction of the people they serve. It's astounding that a company with such a terrible customer service track record can operate in today's market or serve T-Mobile customers. 

In conclusion, my experience with Assurant has been nothing short of a nightmare. I strongly advise anyone considering their services to think twice and explore other options. Their poor customer service, excessive delays, and lack of accountability make them a company I will never ever deal with again. Save yourself the frustration and anguish, and avoid Assurant at all costs.

12 replies

FACTS!!! after 3months shy of 20years with T-MAFIA. I am done. Assurant sending me the floor model s23 ultra. Over the purple 512gb I purchased through tmobile. Was the last straw for me. 

The worst part of my 8day ordeal is finding out they sent me the basic floor model because that's what shows up on my account, IMEI# & ALL. & I have asked t-mafia MULTIPLE times why that phone shows up and to take it off. They call it a glitch and assure me I have nothing to worry about. 

Then I had to file a claim & these reps said its my phones 2nd imei#  which makes no sense. Because my phone is 512gb that phone is 256gb .. different colors and all. T-mafia knows my claim will go thru on that POS cheap phone. Because they are all in on the scam. The claim for my purple512gb got denied because it's "not on the insurance at the time of damage" but an unknown basic pos phone IVE NEVER SEEN, TOUCHED OR HAD IS INSURED!!?!?  Absolutely NOT. 

We can't change our phones on the app or website. Tmobile should have it registered since it's the only 1 I have and the one that's being used. FED TF UP.

A tmobile agent did that. And they should be fired & they need to fix the problem. I'm getting a lawyer & contacting the BBB and all other FEDERAL ABC companies that investigate for consumers. 

Goodluck

I traveled to Peru in April. I asked T Mobile to unlock my phone so I could insert a local chip and be able to call local numbers in Peru. 
my friends with AT&T and Verizon had no problems at all, although they are still paying for the phone unit. T Mobile lied repeatedly. I spent hours getting the turn around. Customer service assured me they were going to “help you and solve your problem..” lies and more lies. At one point a useless customer service asked me ( after I had explained my need) why I wanted to use the phone in Peru. I was so frustrated I gave up. EXTREMELY POOR SERVICE, LIES, MORE LIES…PROMISES….MORE PROMISES.

I am traveling to Spain in a couple of weeks and I’m sure T Mobile will continue to be the T Mobile many of us hate. Does anyone have a suggestion to circumvent the T Mobile debacle? 

I recently dealt with Assurant, and I cannot express how utterly disappointed and frustrated I am with their abysmal customer service. My ordeal began when I needed a replacement phone, and it took a whopping ten days for Assurant to deliver it, turning what should have been a straightforward process into a never-ending nightmare.

First and foremost, their customer service representatives were a nightmare. It was as if they had no regard for the fact that I had been without a functioning phone for a week and a half. I was met with incompetence, indifference, and a complete lack of urgency on their part. Basic customer service etiquette was an alien concept to them.

But the horror didn't stop there. After receiving the replacement phone, I was slapped with a jaw-dropping $500+ "no return phone fee" on my T-Mobile bill, which Assurant was supposed to take care of after I returned the damaged device. Despite my return of the phone and multiple follow-ups, Assurant is forcing me to wait through not one but two billing cycles before removing this fee from my T-Mobile bill. This careless delay in resolving the issue cost me time, energy, and significant money.

I am appalled by Assurant's utter disregard for their customers' time and peace of mind. They prioritize their bureaucratic processes over the needs and satisfaction of the people they serve. It's astounding that a company with such a terrible customer service track record can operate in today's market or serve T-Mobile customers. 

In conclusion, my experience with Assurant has been nothing short of a nightmare. I strongly advise anyone considering their services to think twice and explore other options. Their poor customer service, excessive delays, and lack of accountability make them a company I will never ever deal with again. Save yourself the frustration and anguish, and avoid Assurant at all costs.

I had a similar situation happen. This company is a joke and is absolutely worthless. We are canceling this service for sure. 

WOW, I myself am currently experiencing the same issue as Laura10volleyball.  I have been with T-Mobile 19 years and have never had any real issues as I am today having with their totally ABYSMAL insurance partner (ASSURANT).  They are a real piece of work.  I have taken up my issue with Consumer Affairs and will go further (Attorney) if I have to.  I paid my deductible for a replacement phone (105.00 dollars) due to my long address I suppose it took 4 attempts for me to actually receive my replacement phone (3 where returned to sender via UPS) upon receipt of my phone (sat) I immediately returned my damaged phone (monday) as with their instructions - The enclosed packet and return label.  Well this was done in the month of Oct, come 1 week before Christmas I get a T-Mobile bill also with a “no return phone fee”, really.  Once the mailman picks up the mail, I have nothing more to do with the item!  However, I did spend allot of time and energy between the USPS and ASSURANT and still their customer service is saying I have to pay for the damaged non returned phone.  I am a senior citizen and have exhausted all my energy and time as well.  You are right and it should be made aware all over that ASSURANT has totally disregard for their customers time and peace of mind, especially for the elderly and longtime client of T-Mobile.  

Disappointing Customer Service Experience with T-Mobile Insurance carrier Assurant!!! Ugh.

My interaction with Assurant’s customer service regarding a lost phone has been deeply unsatisfactory. Despite filing a claim, paying the $250 deductible, and receiving a replacement phone, the situation quickly soured when I found my original device before the replacement was dispatched. Despite informing them promptly and returning the unopened replacement, I encountered a series of frustrating obstacles.

Upon contacting customer service, I was assured that my original phone could be unlocked within three business days. However, after following their instructions, I discovered that my phone remained locked, impeding T-Mobile's ability to unlock it. Subsequent attempts to resolve the issue through online support proved fruitless, with representatives citing backend complications beyond their control.

Even when seeking assistance from a T-Mobile store representative, efforts to engage with Assurant, the insurance provider, were met with disconnection on two occasions. This lack of cooperation and resolution has left me without a phone for an extended period, despite fulfilling all necessary steps and payments.

Given the ongoing inconvenience and lack of progress, I am deeply dissatisfied with the level of service provided by Assurant. The repeated delays and inability to resolve a straightforward issue reflect poorly on their commitment to customer satisfaction and highlight significant deficiencies in their support infrastructure.

Today I had the displeasure of speaking with an assurant agent. Alita was rude, short and showed no compassion or empathy. I made her aware of her lack of professionalism and she stated “wow I’ve never heard that I was rude and unprofessional before, thanks for letting me know.” In the driest most unconcerned tone. The lack of care for people who are spending their hard earned money with this company is  disgusting. I then asked to speak with a supervisor who told me her name was North and her attitude wasn’t any better. She was mono-toned, she sounded far away from the phone and she seemed not to care about my concerns either. I asked if I could fill out a survey or make a formal complaint and was told that North would have to escalate the call but I wouldn’t be notified of issue. After speaking to Alita and North I don’t trust that my concerns will be addressed. I have been a client with t-mobile for many years and this experience has me ready to leave the company and take my business elsewhere. Do better with customer service if you’re going to give our jobs away! 

Just had similar incident with Assurant. Wife and I bought new phones in July 2023. We have been with T-Mobile for over 20 years. Been very pleased the whole time and haven't had one bad experience until.last month when I filed a claim to get a screen replaced. We've had the phone for 9 months been paying the insurance every month. The phone fell off the night stand one night and caught the foot of the table right in the little 1/16 inch gap between the screen protector and the case. Cracked the screen along the right edge. Barely noticeable but it's chipped and spider web  cracks up the side. Decided to put in a claim because I've never had an insured phone before. Worst decision in my entire life!!! I was impressed when I put in the claim. Only took 15 minutes and $31, I was out the door on my way to a repair shop. Gave them a 5 star 🌟. But that was short lived. When I got to the repair shop they said they didn't have any parts to fix my phone. Only thing they could do was put me on a wait list. 2 weeks later got a call and they said they had a screen with my name on it and to come in in the morning and they could have it fixed within an hour. Got there where we had to call assurant to reschedule a repair appointment so the repair would be covered.  Called the rep and it was nothing but a fight for 4-5 hours to try and get them to set an appointment. Talked to 3 different supervisor and they tried to get their system to set the appointment but it always came back with.... this repair location doesn't have any parts. And would not allow us to make an appointment. We even tried to cancel the first claim and start a new one. The system would not listen they always came back with the only solution was to have them send another device. So payed the additional $99. Waited through another 2 weeks of mail delays. Finally a replacement device came. It was a used phone and was green Instead of black like my original device. Called assurant back. I'm returning this refurbished bs. Should have read the fine print more closely. Worst insurance policy I have ever had. Would not recommend this company to my worst enemy. Found out I could have had free coverage through my CU with only a $50 deductible, new device no questions asked, policy this whole time  ($250 deductible with the clown show company) Now it's too late and I'll just have to suffer through a a broken screen until Jump day. Had I really payed closer attention to the fine print I would not have purchased this insurance at all. NOT REVOMMENDED!!!

Same here I have spent 88 days now trying to replace a phone with cracked screen that is insured but still they refuse to approve my claim have not been able to work for that whole time because my phone is my work and no one is attempting any kind of customer satisfaction offers or anything and I have done customer service my whole life 

Same device one at 4 am and the other I received at 7 pm today when I filed my claim Jan 27 and it broke middle of January 88 days ago still fighting with them

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

Out of curiosity did you put the Sim in a different phone?  If so the insurance will transfer to the new phone causing the broken one losing the insurance.

They claimed all sorts of different reasons each time new excuse and that was one of them till I explained that was the only way to receive the one time text code so they could verify the account than they dragged it out 88 days well tonight they claimed I was past the claim and that the claim was expired so now my friend washed their hands of it and purchased a new phone because I can't work with out it I have a special needs child who can't handle school so I work at home and home school my son so I have to have that phone