Question

After migration from sprint

• 10 January 2022
  • 14 replies

Badge

Anyone having an issue after migraion from sprint to t mobile and you number is not recognized by t mobile? If you try to create T mobile ID with that number, you get error stating “you are a sprint customer”

14 replies

Yes I am having the same exact problem because I wanted to use my backup phone he T-Mobile sim card that is in my primary phone will NOT work in my backup phone even though the phone sees it and recognizes it as t mobile but it will NOT work because of some unknown reason SPRINT has LOCKED this sim to the primary phone ONLY even though its a T-Mobile phone and sim card.

I just got done talking with there TECH support ( 2.5 Hours ) and they have NO idea why its locked but my guess is because my billing is still sprint even though everything else is COMPLETELY T-Mobile.

My Primary phone and my backup phone are fully unlocked and I also went to T-Mobile store to verify this and they tested my phones with other sim cards and they worked perfectly fine making calls and data connection everything worked .

They even tried a Brand NEW phone off the shelf and inserted my sim card and the phone saw what the sim was and recognized it as T-Mobile and my # but would NOT allow any calls or Data Connection.

The tech support told me that on March 31 2022 the migration will be AUTOMATIC on that day and everything will be Migrated then even though the system will NOT allow me to finish Migration of account WITHOUT FORCING me to change plans or prices..

here is a TMO report I found that states I will NOT loose anything and my plan will remain as it is Just will have to reactivate Autopay because that feature will not be migrated over.

Here is the link I found:::https://tmo.report/2022/01/exclusive-t-mobile-wont-make-sprint-customers-change-their-plan/

I just had a very frustrating, non-productive chat at the Sprint side of this debacle. We upgraded our sim cards to T-Mobile and got the whole “Welcome to the T-Mobile network” email. I found a plan we really like on the T-Mobile page but when I tried to change our plan it acted like I wasn’t a customer. So, I opened chat and was told I needed to use Sprint chat. During that chat to find out what was going on, I was told that we need to migrate our account over to T-Mobile before we could take advantage of anything they offer. However, in order to do that we either need to take our phones into a brick and mortar store (50+ miles away) or contact “Migration Services” by phone with who knows how much of a wait (I gave up after 30 minutes.) I seems like this should be something that can be accomplished from our account page. We are now just considering bagging our account and going with another carrier. 

I just had a very frustrating, non-productive chat at the Sprint side of this debacle. We upgraded our sim cards to T-Mobile and got the whole “Welcome to the T-Mobile network” email. I found a plan we really like on the T-Mobile page but when I tried to change our plan it acted like I wasn’t a customer. So, I opened chat and was told I needed to use Sprint chat. During that chat to find out what was going on, I was told that we need to migrate our account over to T-Mobile before we could take advantage of anything they offer. However, in order to do that we either need to take our phones into a brick and mortar store (50+ miles away) or contact “Migration Services” by phone with who knows how much of a wait (I gave up after 30 minutes.) I seems like this should be something that can be accomplished from our account page. We are now just considering bagging our account and going with another carrier. 

I know just how you feel and after all this CRAP between Tmobile and Sprint my account has NOT been migrated over by the time set to be completed.

Being that we are still Sprint we can not use many of the features of Tmobile network like DIGITS & 5G system even though my phone LG V60 ThinQ says its a 5G signal it does NOT preform like it is and when a TEXT or CALL comes in or out the 5G DISCONNECTS and goes back to 4G signal but is very SLOW. So I had to set the Phone to LTE/3G/2G in mobile  network settings by default to stop the phone from dropping calls and many times not receiving text messages. 

By doing it this way the phone at least works but still internet is about 3megs/sec at best . I have had to do a recovery several time over the past few months because the OTA UPDATE that Tmobile sent my phone would BRICK the phone at the TMOBILE PINK LOGO and do NOTHING more after that you can NOT even turn it OFF when this happens but luckly I have many backup images using the LG software that came with the phone by default I was able to at least get into recovery mode and restore to stock phone and then restore my phone back to the way it was before the UPDATE came down and this time I BLOCKED the UPDATE.

But still dealing with all this CRAP with Sprint and Tmobile they dont even know what the HELL is going on at the CORPORATE STORES I have went to MANY stores and they both try and same things and get NO where . There first issue is they can NOT login to account BECAUSE its SPRINT account and they have NO access to it they try the migration for me many times but the same problem persists they can NOT access the account to MIGRATE it to Tmobile .

OH I forgot just to remind people its OFFICIAL you DO NOT have to CHANGE your plans.!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Another note I have spoken to BOTH Spint and Tmobile SO called TECH support and they both say the same thing I have to go INTO the LOCAL CORPORATE STORE in order to migrate the account to Tmobile  but if you do this TMOBILE can NOT access the account because its SPRINT.

You see the conundrum here Apparently Sprint or Tmobile does NOT see this and the ONE hand DOES NOT see or KNOW what the other HAND is doing .

This is leaving people like US is a tight spot and almost to the POINT of SWITCHING carriers even though it will cost a little more than what we have but it WILL WORK

Userlevel 7
Badge +16

I know just how you feel and after all this CRAP between Tmobile and Sprint my account has NOT been migrated over by the time set to be completed.

Being that we are still Sprint we can not use many of the features of Tmobile network like DIGITS & 5G system even though my phone LG V60 ThinQ says its a 5G signal it does NOT preform like it is and when a TEXT or CALL comes in or out the 5G DISCONNECTS and goes back to 4G signal but is very SLOW. So I had to set the Phone to LTE/3G/2G in mobile  network settings by default to stop the phone from dropping calls and many times not receiving text messages. 

By doing it this way the phone at least works but still internet is about 3megs/sec at best . I have had to do a recovery several time over the past few months because the OTA UPDATE that Tmobile sent my phone would BRICK the phone at the TMOBILE PINK LOGO and do NOTHING more after that you can NOT even turn it OFF when this happens but luckly I have many backup images using the LG software that came with the phone by default I was able to at least get into recovery mode and restore to stock phone and then restore my phone back to the way it was before the UPDATE came down and this time I BLOCKED the UPDATE.

But still dealing with all this CRAP with Sprint and Tmobile they dont even know what the HELL is going on at the CORPORATE STORES I have went to MANY stores and they both try and same things and get NO where . There first issue is they can NOT login to account BECAUSE its SPRINT account and they have NO access to it they try the migration for me many times but the same problem persists they can NOT access the account to MIGRATE it to Tmobile .

OH I forgot just to remind people its OFFICIAL you DO NOT have to CHANGE your plans.!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Another note I have spoken to BOTH Spint and Tmobile SO called TECH support and they both say the same thing I have to go INTO the LOCAL CORPORATE STORE in order to migrate the account to Tmobile  but if you do this TMOBILE can NOT access the account because its SPRINT.

You see the conundrum here Apparently Sprint or Tmobile does NOT see this and the ONE hand DOES NOT see or KNOW what the other HAND is doing .

This is leaving people like US is a tight spot and almost to the POINT of SWITCHING carriers even though it will cost a little more than what we have but it WILL WORK

odd..when they switched me over to the R15 sim card I had mixed feelings about their 5G...now that they switched me to the newest sim card after the R15 i can pull in some pretty decent speeds..

building penetration on the other hand during peak hours? we wont talk about that one

Yea I have the R15 sim as well and even Tmobile did a REFLASH of my phone to a FULL Tmoile phone it used to be a Sprint branded phone but ALL SPRINT stuff has been removed and replaced with Tmobile CRAP at least I can DISABLE the Tmobile stuff because it wont work anyways because it wont let me create a Tmobile ID because I am still TECHNICALLY Sprint because of my billing is Sprint so I can NOT use any of the Tmobile features they promote and yes I receive TEXT messages from Tmobie asking if I would like to know more about these features and how to use them .

So you can see everything is Tmobile but billing.

As for the 5G at the HOUSE is DOES NOT EXIST but if I go just several hundred feet North or South direction 5G and everything else is great but I have to go a couple blocks East and West to get a 5G signal that works. so I just leave my phone in LTE/3G/2G mode so at least it works everywhere.

Userlevel 7
Badge +16

i no longer have the R15 sim card.. theyre supposed to be bumping over the prior Sprint people from the R15 we were given originally and moving us to a new one now.

Yes I have the New one Tmobile sent to me .

I just came from the Tmobile corporate store and I get the same exact thing this guy( Tertial or Terrance )  I dealt with at ( 6033 Myrtle Ave, Queens, NY 11385 ) was a MORON and I tried to correct him on the info that is posted on Tmobile site ( THAT SPRINT CUSTOMERS DO NOT HAVE TO CHANGE PLANS)  

He kept on insisting I have to change my plans in order to switch to Tmobile and when I told him he has to EDICUATE himself in order to help Tmobile customers he Insisted he does NOT have to inform or EDUCATE him self to do his JOB but I also mentioned to him you cant help people if you DO NOT read the POSTED notes and Memorandums from Tmobile telling its sales people about the Migration process and dealing with Sprint customers on Sprint plans.

Also By the way my WIFI HOTSPOT still does NOT work even though I opened a ticket on it over 3 months ago and they always tell me its working but I can NOT use it and it has Nothing to do with the phone not working right because I even went to the extent and restored th phone back to original when I bought it and the same thing it sets up the HotSpot and broadcast it and I can connect to it with my laptop but it still ON INTERNET

He just wanted the SALES COMISSION  nothing more than that .

This location must have an EMPLOYEE issue because every time I go there is someone different and when i ask about a previous person they always say they dont work here anymore.

This Guy copped an attitude with me about this issue informing him he NEEDS to update his own personal info on how the Tmobile and Sprint system works to help people with there service but he DIDN’T wanna hear this so I just left the store 

Userlevel 7
Badge +16

was it in fact a brick and mortar TMO store or was it a TMO store that was privately owned? the later usually tends to be the issue stores.

oddly enough when i went in to get mine switched all he told me was they just had to switch it out to the new sim card and that was it..no changes on my account or push to a new one (this still needs to happen at some point though..)...scanned the new sim card..put it in..power cycled it..checked to make sure i had reception etc..sent me on my way. 5 minutes tops

fastest speeds i have had to date...lost my wall penetration that i was used to with Sprint though..but i also know theyre having some capacity issues with my two surrounding towers.

Yes its a brick and mortor Corporate store NOT private owned 

Userlevel 7
Badge +16

interesting..then a call to their district manager might be needed..3rd party owned it doesnt do anything..actual TMO store though thats fully under the DMs thumb to have a word with them about it.

That would be great if I knew the DM # to call I would call them but I dont and the Store wont give it to me .

Userlevel 7
Badge +16

contact TMO via FB or Twitter and ask them.

Already did that yesterday and Haven't heard a word from them on twitter  I dont have FB

Userlevel 7
Badge +16

i have yet to try the Twitter route but i used the FB method a couple weeks ago and it was quite a bit easier than i thought it would be.