Question

Any reports from old Sprint customers forced to replace their phones?

• 18 February 2022
  • 2 replies

Userlevel 2
Badge

I’m one of the many Sprint customers with older phones (in my and wife’s case made worse because we’re pretty diehard flip phone users and t-mobile offers only two replacement flip phones (… one is the very good but very bulky SONIM XP3 and the other the pretty poorly reviewed cheap Actel GO Flip...).   The other issue is we each have an ancient Sprint Plan called “Free and Clear” and we’ve gotten inconsistent information regarding whether we can keep our old plan if/when we activate new phones.

So among other general reports from the displaced Sprint folks forced to get new phones,, might be particularly interested to hear from you if you use an Actel GoFlip, if you came from the old Sprint Free and Clear plan. Also, since as a last resort might accept one of t-mobiles offer of giving me one of their cheaper smart phones, how that has worked out for you.

Alex

A

2 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +15

Thanks for posting. The flip phone options is a bit tough for me to give a  solution for. We’d have to see if/when other flip phones will be added to the line-up, but that’s something I can’t promise. WIth the plan, I’m not seeing that you’d have to change. If you’re looking to get another phone, and there’s a special offer that requires being on a certain plan, then you’d need to switch to a T-Mobile plan. You should still be able to purchase a T-Mobile branded phone, however, unlocked the device to be used with your Sprint SIM might still be something you need to do.

Userlevel 7
Badge +15

Isn't the Moto RAZR 5G technically a flip phone? Have you considered asking for that as an alternative to the cheap options you are being offered?