Question

bankruptcy z list

• 2 January 2023
  • 2 replies

Badge
  • First activity
  • 0 replies

Hi I unfortunately had to file bankruptcy and t-mobile put me on a z list which means I have no control of my account to add lines or change anything.

I never stiffed t-mobile a dime, I pay my bill monthly and have for years. I don't have any devices that I owe/owed on. The only reason they were listed on the bankruptcy is because it asks you to list the payments you will need to keep paying after the bankruptcy. 

If I had gotten some debt to tmobile discharged that would be understandable to be put on a list, but the fact I have never not paid them its pretty dumb I can't control my account. Especially considering I couldn't file bankruptcy for another 8 yrs even if I wanted to go through that already terrible situation again. 

Why do they put people that are current on all charges and have been for 8 or more yrs on a list that whenever I try to change anything on MY account it says " invalid user role, please check with the primary account holder". I AM THE PRIMARY ACCOUNT HOLDER, I AM THE ONE THAT PAYS THE BILL.

2 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +15

Reach out to the T-Force Team through DM on Facebook or Twitter or give Customer Care a call to discuss your account.  This is primarily a peer help forum for customers to get help from other customers.

My guess as to why you were put on whatever a Z List is though based on your description, is because bankruptcy is defaulting on debt.  Even though you didn't default on any debt to T-Mobile, you had other debts that you did file bankruptcy for.  That impacts your credit worthiness, which can affect your eligibility for EIP's, how many lines you can have, and more.  

Userlevel 4
Badge +5

Why do they put people that are current on all charges and have been for 8 or more yrs on a list that whenever I try to change anything on MY account it says " invalid user role, please check with the primary account holder". I AM THE PRIMARY ACCOUNT HOLDER, I AM THE ONE THAT PAYS THE BILL.

From what I’m understanding here is that for some reason they are not seeing you as the PAH for some reason. Contact them through T-force or Twitter to see if you can get this straightened out.