Be VERY careful with Trade In

• 22 November 2022
  • 2 replies

Badge

Be incredibly careful with your trade ins. I am very unhappy and in my opinion I’ve been robbed.

When T-Mobile offered trade-ins for the Pixel 7+ I was glad to participate and upgrade my Pixel 6+ which was less than a year old with not a scratch, dent, or chip in it. I was worried though; I had purchased my phone independently and brought it to T-Mobile and T-Mobile had the wrong color for the phone. Note, is obviously had the correct EIN since the phone was active on the network for almost a year.

I called and spoke to a T-Mobile rep and was assured that the color wouldn’t impact the trade in. So, I made the trade. After nearly a month I got the notice last week that I was getting $0.00 for my trade in since it didn’t match the stated phone.

Don’t bother trading in unless you are rock solid on the phone. In my opinion, Assurant or T-Mobile is going to figure out a way not to pay you. Never again will I buy or trade in a phone with T-Mobile.

2 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +5

Be incredibly careful with your trade ins. I am very unhappy and in my opinion I’ve been robbed.

When T-Mobile offered trade-ins for the Pixel 7+ I was glad to participate and upgrade my Pixel 6+ which was less than a year old with not a scratch, dent, or chip in it. I was worried though; I had purchased my phone independently and brought it to T-Mobile and T-Mobile had the wrong color for the phone. Note, is obviously had the correct EIN since the phone was active on the network for almost a year.

I called and spoke to a T-Mobile rep and was assured that the color wouldn’t impact the trade in. So, I made the trade. After nearly a month I got the notice last week that I was getting $0.00 for my trade in since it didn’t match the stated phone.

Don’t bother trading in unless you are rock solid on the phone. In my opinion, Assurant or T-Mobile is going to figure out a way not to pay you. Never again will I buy or trade in a phone with T-Mobile.

From my experience, they will take any phone regardless of stated color and even model as long as the IMEI number matches once they receive it. The only thing that might change is the trade in value. Color won’t change value. Storage size and model differences might change value. Since you stated that the trade in value was zero, that means the IMEI # didn’t match or they never received the phone. I would contact TMO again and ask them specifically why the value was zero.

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

I would suggest trading in at a Best Buy. They inspect the phone and determine the trade in value.

I upgraded through them twice in the last 6 months and have been impressed with the ease.