Question

Being charged fees and taxes on old addresses

Badge

I recently looked back at my billing history, and I am being charged T-Mobile fees and charges as well as government taxes on fees on 3 separate addresses.  One address I haven’t lived at in over 10 years, and the other address I moved from 4 years ago. Has anyone had that happen to them?

14 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +16

youre getting billed for 3 different residence or the bill is being sent to 3 different locations?

Badge

I'm being billed for 3 separate residences. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +16

so you have been paying triple what you are supposed to be paying?

you will need to contact TMO either through calling in or the recommended would be through either Facebook or Twitter..higher tier support with the last two.

Badge

Thank you so much! I will contact them now. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +16

if youre going the Twitter/FB route you can go to the bottom of the page here and there will be their logos to select and go right to them.

Badge

Thanks again, you've been very helpful!

Omg. I thought I was the only one. Do you mind telling me what solution they gave you? They don’t seem to want to help much other than issuing me a one time credit of $10 … as if that amount totaled near to what they already took. Not sure how this is even possible or legal. Disgusting to see I’m not the only one this has happened to, who knows how many other thousands of customers are being wrongfully billed/taxed. 

I recently looked back at my billing history, and I am being charged T-Mobile fees and charges as well as government taxes on fees on 3 separate addresses.  One address I haven’t lived at in over 10 years, and the other address I moved from 4 years ago. Has anyone had that happen to them?

I called today and escalated the call to the supervisor. They refunded me back $216 for 5 years of taxes on an address I haven’t lived at for years. It was in a whole other state! Apparently, when you call in to do an address change, the representative is supposed to ask whether or not you wish to change your E911 address. This address allows emergency services to determine the location of each phone or device, in case they need to call 911. 

Omg. I thought I was the only one. Do you mind telling me what solution they gave you? They don’t seem to want to help much other than issuing me a one time credit of $10 … as if that amount totaled near to what they already took. Not sure how this is even possible or legal. Disgusting to see I’m not the only one this has happened to, who knows how many other thousands of customers are being wrongfully billed/taxed. 

I called today and escalated the call to the supervisor. They refunded me back $216 for 5 years of taxes on an address I haven’t lived at for years. It was in a whole other state! Apparently, when you call in to do an address change, the representative is supposed to ask whether or not you wish to change your E911 address. This address allows emergency services to determine the location of each phone or device, in case they need to call 911. 

I realize that this thread is old, however, I have the same problem.

I have not tried to rectify it but will soon. I noticed the charges for three different addresses, one of which I have not lived at in over twenty years. The fees average around $17.00 a month and who knows how long they have been doing this.

I looked back over a year of statements and they are all on there, so I can only assume that they go years back.

Other than “Saltina”, has anyone else succeeded in getting any type of refund?

I think more of a class action lawsuit would be appropriate. I love T-Mobile, but they have been in hot water before over false or inaccurate charges.

Userlevel 1

This is also happening to me.  Being billed taxes and fees on addresses dating back to 2006.  T-mobile will not give me my old statements so I can verify what the charge me.  They keep promising the statements, then nothing.  When I first complained about this, they offered to refund me for 3 months of overcharges.  When I said no, you need to refund me for all the overcharges, they changed their story.  Now they are saying the taxes are “included” in my monthly plan.  Yet there are separate line items for them on my bill.  They talk in circles.  I’m so pissed about this.  I’m considering going to the Attorney General for my state.

youre getting billed for 3 different residence or the bill is being sent to 3 different locations?

This is happening to me too!

wondering if I need to cal TM to get resolution.?

if anyone did , how did you get refund that was satisfactory to you? 

On going. Been being charged for 6-7 yrs statement & full bill detail online. Any resolution for you?

I just looked at my bill and saw I’m being charged for a state that I had not lived in for eight months when I signed up with T-Mobile. I believe they get the 911 address from your phone when you transfer things over from the cloud. I’m all in for a class action lawsuit if I don’t get my money back. I will keep you posted