Solved

Being charged for phone after returning back to Assurant...

Userlevel 1

Hi there,

I'm having a really stressful time right now getting the run around from T-Mobile and Assurant regarding a phone claim I have. The Merchant Return Labal states: PERMIT NO. 395 LANCASTER, PA Assurant YORK PA, 17402 625 WILLOW SPRINGS LANE STE A; RMA # 405-32835102-3.

I've been charged 300$ on my phone bill, despite returning this phone almost a month ago. When I call up Assurant they state the warehouse still hasn't recieved it. I feel like I'm being taken advantage of for a mistake on Assurant's end, and T Mobile says they can't refund the money on my bill. I'm literally at a loss for words, I sent it and feel like it's 100% their responsibility for not receiving it, what should I do?

icon

Best answer by snn_555 8 July 2017, 12:39

View original

60 replies

We were lucky. Same story as above but was finally resolved (had to get Chase bank involved as well to dispute charges. They credited money while the runaround went on). Reading these posts I realize that there are 3d party insurers and I probably need to switch before this happens again.

So to anyone dealing with this issue....you must escalate it to the escalation team or retention team. The regular customer service will not solve the problem!! After weeks of dealing with the same BS from Assurant I got fed up and called the corporate office and the receptionist sent me to the escalation team. The rep literally handled my issue in 15 minutes, she stated that Assurant is a 3rd party charge and all 3rd party charges can be removed. Have all your info avaliable like the name and address where you dropped the package off to be sent to assurant, approx date, tracking number if you have it, and model of phone so they can look up IMEM number. Don't waste your time with the chat and regular customer service reps. I was given a case number and a guarantee that the charges would be removed in 12hrs and even set up a follow up call for the next day to make sure that all my needs were addressed. The number below is what the Escalation Rep gave me to contact her from hours 6am-10pm central time.

1-888-211-4727

I sincerely hope that this helps anyone that is in the process of going through what I did for weeks.

Going through this right now! Assurant accidentally sent me 2 phones after my phone was stolen back in Nov 2022, i sent the extra phone back and it was delivered Dec 5th, but I’m being charged $900 for the phone by T Mobile because Assurant is saying the phone hasn’t been scanned in. I’m exhausted it’s now April!!! And the charge remains on my account. I’ve spoken to countless reps both at T mobile and Assurant month after month with no resolution. Every month my service is threatened to be disconnected and i have to call in and explain this story over and over and a T-Mobile rep has to push my account out until Assurant credits my account. Assurant is such a scam! They’ve confirmed the package was delivered but still won’t credit my account. Now i wake up this morning and my service is disconnected and i have to call in to explain this whole story over again to restore my service! 

to anyone dealing with this issue....you must escalate it to the escalation team or retention team. The regular customer service will not solve the problem!! After weeks of dealing with the same BS from Assurant I got fed up and called the corporate office and the receptionist sent me to the escalation team. The rep literally handled my issue in 15 minutes, she stated that Assurant is a 3rd party charge and all 3rd party charges can be removed. Have all your info avaliable like the name and address where you dropped the package off to be sent to assurant, approx date, tracking number if you have it, and model of phone so they can look up IMEM number. Don't waste your time with the chat and regular customer service reps. I was given a case number and a guarantee that the charges would be removed in 12hrs and even set up a follow up call for the next day to make sure that all my needs were addressed. The number below is what the Escalation Rep gave me to contact her from hours 6am-10pm central time.

1-888-211-4727

Badge

SAME here; first phone took three cycles; most recent phone wsa accepted by Assurant under warranty then they charged me $700 AND kept theold phne and continue to charge me fot the phoneas if I Just got it

WAREHOUSE must be staffed with MONKEYS who cant scan or read or much anything else.

PUC has been contacted

-Mobil since inception charginfg me E911 and 911 charges for a residence I haven’t  been at since 2018 and CERTAINLY not a time I WAS a T-MOBIL customer

THIEVES and LIARS

So this post is 4 years old and there are still replies from days ago with dozens of people experiencing the same problem, yet only 1 or 2 have posted their resolutions. I just went through the same thing, so I want to share how my situation was resolved. I don’t want to repeat the same story that we see in all these posts; claim with assurant, receive new phone, ship damaged phone, get non-return fee on bill, contact tmobile/assurant, check tracking number, assurant claims they received an empty envelope. 

After that, I went through multiple calls with assurant and tmobile, they each ran their “investigations” to find the phone, to no avail. Assurant pretty much cornered me stating that they received an empty package and that all I could do was file a claim with USPS.

Though the whole ordeal is so ridiculous, it was only at this point that I decided it was too much; why would i have to waste my time, trying to find a phone that I did my part with and shipped out? So instead of a claim with USPS, I went on the assurant website where they have a form that you can fill out to request information. I filled out my info, my claim number, and I asked for the name, phone number, and other contact info of the person who is in charge of my claim, so that I could properly list them as the defendant in a small claims court case that I would open up. NOT 2 HOURS later I received a phone call from assurant “corporate offices”. This lady said she could help me and that all she needed to do was track down the shipping info and see what the weight of the package was when I shipped it. So I told her I have the receipt and that it shows the weight was 8oz. She asked me to email a copy of the receipt, I did that within a few minutes, and that same night she emailed me back saying that she applied the credit for the non-return fee to my account.

I hope this helps others!!

TL;DR just contact assurant and say that you will sue… they’ll resolve your issue right away. 

thanks for the advice, i filled the form at 925pm last night, today at 3am i received an email “thanks for return your device” even when USPS still show package on transit.

Hi, i cant find the option to file that form, can you help me please?

T-Mobile is the SCAM. They don't really offer insurance they offer a fricken NIGHTMARE if you actually use the insurance you pay for!! SHAME ON T-MOBILE 

So this post is 4 years old and there are still replies from days ago with dozens of people experiencing the same problem, yet only 1 or 2 have posted their resolutions. I just went through the same thing, so I want to share how my situation was resolved. I don’t want to repeat the same story that we see in all these posts; claim with assurant, receive new phone, ship damaged phone, get non-return fee on bill, contact tmobile/assurant, check tracking number, assurant claims they received an empty envelope. 

After that, I went through multiple calls with assurant and tmobile, they each ran their “investigations” to find the phone, to no avail. Assurant pretty much cornered me stating that they received an empty package and that all I could do was file a claim with USPS.

Though the whole ordeal is so ridiculous, it was only at this point that I decided it was too much; why would i have to waste my time, trying to find a phone that I did my part with and shipped out? So instead of a claim with USPS, I went on the assurant website where they have a form that you can fill out to request information. I filled out my info, my claim number, and I asked for the name, phone number, and other contact info of the person who is in charge of my claim, so that I could properly list them as the defendant in a small claims court case that I would open up. NOT 2 HOURS later I received a phone call from assurant “corporate offices”. This lady said she could help me and that all she needed to do was track down the shipping info and see what the weight of the package was when I shipped it. So I told her I have the receipt and that it shows the weight was 8oz. She asked me to email a copy of the receipt, I did that within a few minutes, and that same night she emailed me back saying that she applied the credit for the non-return fee to my account.

I hope this helps others!!

TL;DR just contact assurant and say that you will sue… they’ll resolve your issue right away. 

Could you share that email address?

Add me too the list of people that had to pay for returning a phone to the elusive warehouse that never receives them. So yeah, this is nothing more than a major scam to generate an income. Merry Christmas.

Userlevel 7
Badge +16

Add me too the list of people that had to pay for returning a phone to the elusive warehouse that never receives them. So yeah, this is nothing more than a major scam to generate an income. Merry Christmas.

all 3 of the big carriers must have had a meeting about it. you’ll see the same complaints on all the carriers forums.

Just happened to me. Charged me 500 for a phone that was delivered acording to the tracking number but Asurant says the box was empty and that i have to contact the usps. Not their problem. Tmobile wont help either. Class action comes up im going for it. Until then im getting ready to go to verizon. What a shady company