Beware the Trade-In Scam

• 7 June 2021
  • 4 replies

Badge

I’ve been a Tmo customer for over 20 years and they used to be Customer-centric. The good old John Legere days. 

I recently traded in a perfect condition iPhone XR for a new iPhone 12. It was explained to me in great detail that it was effectively a free upgrade… I send them my old phone, pay the tax, and then get bill credits for 2 years until the phone is paid off.

I noticed a recurring charge and called in to ask why this supposedly “free” phone was costing me so much. I got ZERO resolution. No help. Customer service has become rude and unhelpful.

DON’T GET YOUR PHONE FROM TMOBILE

4 replies

Yea it’s true I got a long in writing estimate claiming I would get $400 credit for my iPhone 8 for a promotion to upgrade to the 13 I ordered it online and got the new phone was preparing to send the old one when I read the “updated offer” saying $75 are they stupid? They can’t say it’s based on condition of the phone if they lowered it without ever seeing mine it’s flat out false advertising lies it’s wrong in every way.. needless to say no thanks I’ll either keep it just in case or I’ll resell it on my own for at least 2-300 but sending it to them for 75 after they clearly offered $400 they have to be out of their minds! Law suit is over due

Userlevel 2
Badge +2

https://twitter.com/Jeff_Popkin/status/1502838051705348098?s=20&t=mlgksuNph6X428LaGpjlog

Userlevel 1
Badge

Tmobile is the worst company on earth they're scammers they took 2 of my paid phones and decided to drop me out of the promotion, they basically stole both of my phones and I'm stuck with 2 $1,100 phones. Customer service will not resolve anything they're extremely rude, unprofessional, and disrespectful who you can't really deal with they speak a little English with extremely poor grammar 

Userlevel 1
Badge

Start a claim against T-mobile with Fairshake