Solved

Billing cycle = 1day

• 8 March 2019
  • 9 replies

Why would my first bill, with a full month's of service charges have a period of "Feb 26, 2019 - Feb 26, 2019"?  Thanks for any help understanding.

icon

Best answer by coercionshaman 11 March 2019, 18:34

View original

9 replies

I don't understand why that would happen in the first month. Did you get a 2nd bill covering 2/27/19 to 3/26/19?

If you terminate your service or port out on the first day of your billing cycle, you'll get billed for the whole month.

No, I did not terminate anything.  I did not get a second bill.  Very weird.  Presumably a typo or billing system error, but it would be nice to have T-Mobile confirm the error. 

The following is pasted directly from my bill (with account number hidden):

Bill period

Feb 26, 2019 - Feb 26, 2019

Account

nnnnnnnn

Page

1 of 4

I just got one for two days of service myself.  Seems rather... wrong.  I haven't called yet, but I wonder if the explanation will be that this is where your billing date falls and your last bill will be for less by the same rational?  Still don't agree that it should be that way, though, considering you may never leave to recover it.

I've never really gotten a first bill from T-Mobile. T-Mobile inherited my account when they bought Powertel. I could understand a bill that had a prorated amount for a partial first month plus the next month but not a one-day billing cycle at full rate.

Spoke to a supervisor at 1800TMOBILE.  T-Mobile uses a billed current system.  The bill payment is due during your current cycle each month for 'post paid'.  For example, if my billing period starts on the 4th of each month, my payment for the current cycle is due 10 days before that period expires.  The date on the  first bill only shows the original days before the cycle.  She stated that the first bill is generally incorrect.  Starting with my next bill (and after the system will have caught up), it will reflect the correct cycle that I am in such that the bill due in April on the 25th (my second cycle) will reflect the billing period as 04April19 - 04May19.

I will watch the next bill.  If that is how it appears, then it would seem the first bill confuses their system and that should be fixed.

As a side note, the customer care was very good in this particular instance.

Thanks! I talked to support and they were helpful for me as well, apparently first bills are confusing and generate a lot of support calls....

After having stayed with T-Mobile service for 17+ years, I switched after failing to get some deal for device upgrades. I would recommend you think about your T-Mobile bill.

My billing cycle was 19th to 18th next month. I cancelled my service on Nov. 18th, and I got the monthly bill of $135.62 by the end of November. On the Bill, it was indicated that “Your bill is due by Dec. 11, 2022”.  When I called at 8883108471 on Nov. 30th, I discussed with a lady, Maryellamarie, and explained that the bill should be for Nov. 19th-Dec.18th billing cycle, and I should not pay. She tried to explain the charge was correct, but failed and then she talked to her supervisor, finally she confirmed that the bill would be removed, and I only need to pay the remaining balance of $37.49 for the equipment (sent me an email to mention this communication). NOTE: She is friendly and appreciate her patience/service. 

However, today on 12/22/2022, I received the invoice for $135.62 again, and I called back again at 8883108471. The T-Mobile representative and her supervisor argued a long time that the Bill I paid on Nov. 9th (which was due on Nov. 11th) was for Sept. 19th-Oct. 18th, and the current Bill that would be due on Dec. 11th was for Oct. 19th to Nov. 18th.  It does NOT make sense; however, they said that the bill is correct and if I disagree, she, as a supervisor, cannot do anything about it. I asked if this is the total balance on my account, the supervisor said that “Yes, this number includes the $37.49 for the equipment device and your account has already been closed.” 

The mess is that (1) they explained differently and would find any reason to support their charges; (2) They would not do what they promised (promised to remove, but not); (3) Accounting is a mess, for example, I should either pay my monthly payment + $37.49 or only $37.49, but they let me pay the monthly payment amount of $135.62 and told me that this is all the balance and the account has already been closed.

The money is not too much, and I do not want to get the collection activity request for the only $ 135.62, however, if T-Mobile treats customers like this, how would they be able to grow!!!! Hope T-Mobile would have rules and the customers can follow the rules to make both sides easier.

Appreciate your reading and time, any advice would be appreciated. I might pay it to avoid the collection activity to impact my credit score. But feel unhappy. Merry Christmas! 

So, I was with T-Mobile Commercial client with 10 lines for a few months, did not like the service at all, so decide to move on with other provider. Final bill was whatever they charge me for equipment plus a full month of service. My billing cycle was from 1st to 31st. I close the account on the 1st and was charge full month. Called customer service and the magic happen. Customer rep and Supervisor said bill was correct, “we are sorry but your bill is correct because T-Mobile billing system cycle starts on the 1st. You most close the account on the day before”. I will pay the balance but I will never ever do business with T-Mobile again. No wonder everyone was telling me, “DO NOT USE T-MOBILE” but, did learned the hard way. Thank you folks    

Hello. I wondered the same until I googled it. First thing that came up is this New to T-Mobile - Billing | T-Mobile Support 

Hope you find it helpful as I just did.