Solved

Calls from 866-612-2490

• 11 March 2022
  • 16 replies

Badge
  • First activity
  • 0 replies

Hello,

Keep getting calls from 866-612-2490 and it says it is from Tmobile customer support to check on the feedback.

Is this a spam or a genuine tmobile call?

Has anyone else these received calls?

Thanks

icon

Best answer by jackiemarie84 17 May 2022, 17:15

View original

16 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +16

when in doubt google it..just googled it and its showing as a scammer caller.

I’ve been getting the same phone call from that same number. It says T Mobile on the caller id  866-612-2490.

they don’t leave a voicemail. I figured if they don’t leave a voicemail or have sent me an email. It definitely is a scammer.

What is annoying is the fact that I just moved over to T-Mobile from AT&T February 2022 and I didn’t start getting these calls until I moved over to T-Mobile. It sounds like a portion of their system has been hacked and they need to look into it ASAP. 

This is a specialized customer service department number that checks for quality control stuff so if you just started with t-mobile they call to check on your service to see if you are having any issues, and if they can do anything for you. I changed rate plans but have been a 20 yr customer and they called to see if there was anything they could do for me. They are awesome! This department is super helpful!! 

What is annoying is the fact that I just moved over to T-Mobile from AT&T February 2022 and I didn’t start getting these calls until I moved over to T-Mobile. It sounds like a portion of their system has been hacked and they need to look into it ASAP. 

See my reply above! 😁

Badge

I was receiving calls from this number as well, so I contacted T-Mobile’s support directly using the phone number on their website. They have records of attempted contacts in their system and the support agent confirmed that no one from T-Mobile has been trying to contact me. They also advised me to block the number and report further if they begin calling from other different numbers. 

Whenever something like this happens, the best practice is always to STOP, look up the support number on the company’s main website, and call them to confirm whether the call was legitimate. Never answer calls like this directly unless you’re expecting to receive a call, especially if they don’t ever leave a message. The name displayed on your screen is not evidence at all that a call is legitimate, as this can easily be spoofed/faked.  

The jackiemarie84 user above is most likely either a victim of this scam or part of the scam operation and trying to legitimize it. Do not listen to her.

I was receiving calls from this number as well, so I contacted T-Mobile’s support directly using the phone number on their website. They have records of attempted contacts in their system and the support agent confirmed that no one from T-Mobile has been trying to contact me. They also advised me to block the number and report further if they begin calling from other different numbers. 

Whenever something like this happens, the best practice is always to STOP, look up the support number on the company’s main website, and call them to confirm whether the call was legitimate. Never answer calls like this directly unless you’re expecting to receive a call, especially if they don’t ever leave a message. The name displayed on your screen is not evidence at all that a call is legitimate, as this can easily be spoofed/faked.  

The jackiemarie84 user above is most likely either a victim of this scam or part of the scam operation and trying to legitimize it. Do not listen to her.

Agree with aureliachopin - I got a call from this number today and they didn’t leave voicemail. I called the number back and they wanted my name and account PIN (I didn’t give it to them) - something felt off so I later called T-Mobile customer support. The gentleman I spoke to could find no issues with my account, and said all actual calls from T-Mobile Customer support would either be from 611 or 800-937-8997. Head up!

Badge

This is a total scam .  I called Tmobike after refusing to give the person my Pin even after they sent me a text to provide verification ( text looks like copied from other legit Tmobike messages).  Don’t give them your pin or any other information .  Tmobike needs to remove comment from poster above who claims it’s legit as it pops up on google as top answer 

I called the number back and it is a T-Mobile number, it’s the number for are a higher tier level of customer service, it’s legit.  I also told them they might want to make an official reply here, as a number of people say it’s a scam -- IT IS NOT.

Badge

It is a scam!!!  I work with a company that does fraud work and it’s classic Phishing! when u call this number it gives the T mobile ring sound but does  not state tmobile- duh that’s first clue.  Then they ask for  your number and passcode . Give me a break 🙄

THIS NUMBER IS TOTAL SCAM !!!! Do not fall for it or it’s trolls that  come on here to pretend  it’s legit.  Use your common sense and gut reaction. 

im going to report it to the Federal Communications Commission next ( FCC) . 

866-679-9742    this number called me as unknown but i got the number when it left a message. Im trying to figure out if this is scam

So people need to understand that scammers can spoof phone numbers. This is legitimate T-Mobile number. I'm on the phone with them now cause I've had multiple issues with T-Mobile service.

She never asked for a pin or password.

So just be careful with who you are talking to.

Called Tmobile 611. This is a legit number. I was skeptical as well being that I’ve never received a call from this number either.

My Robocall account says this number is a scam from India… T-Mobile Relent. They are not well-intentioned and they are, according to my research, not T-Mobile.

You can try doing reverse phone lookup at https://www.foralldirectory.com/ to find out details about the number.

you can check the details here https://searchusphone.com/