Solved

Can I get a copy of texts for court purposes?

• 9 January 2017
  • 7 replies

icon

Best answer by gramps28 9 January 2017, 09:08

View original

7 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

Tmobile doesn't keep a record of actual text messages but if they do you would need a court order.

Userlevel 3

Hi @lucchesepk6‌!  This is an understandable ask - Gramps28 is correct here.  For privacy reasons, we don't store the content of text messages.  However, your usage records do include the time stamps and phone numbers for incoming and outgoing messages - so while the content isn't there, you can access a log on the detailed view of any of your statements, which you can download from MyT-Mobile.  I hope that's helpful!

- Marissa

This doesn’t help a thing. It’s been a common practice for normal cell providers to have texts accessible and available, especially with a court order. 

This is a shameful practice and a failure for any T-Mobile customers needing this information. 

Badge

This doesn’t help a thing. It’s been a common practice for normal cell providers to have texts accessible and available, especially with a court order. 

This is a shameful practice and a failure for any T-Mobile customers needing this information. 

no, its not. I don’t want tmobile or any provider keeping recordings of every text and call that I make.

Userlevel 7
Badge +16

which was mentioned in the very first post. court order is the only way it’ll happen.

out of curiosity though...which “normal” carriers just hand that over upon request?

Badge

none of them. lol. Also, any users *NEEDING* this information can use a multitude of apps and services like google voice that would provide immutable backups and history. This dude is a clown just spamming misinformation

Is there a way to see current usage and not just the last cycle.