Question

Can i upgrade my Jump Phone if its cracked amd not fully paid off?

• 23 October 2022
  • 2 replies

Badge

I'm on the Jump plan. I believe the Jump on demand. I have a OnePlus Nord N10 5G and I still owe about $100 on the phone about 6 more payments before it's paid off. Well I dropped it and it cracked the screen. I want to upgrade to the new OnePlus 10T with a $168 down payment.  Could I upgrade  to the new phone without penalty, or would I be required to pay this phone off in full before I'm allowed to upgrade since the screen is cracked? ( I have no Protection plan for the phone).

2 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +15

If you look at the turn in requirements for the JUMP program.  It specifically states the screen cannot be cracked.  

JUMP! On Demand | T-Mobile Support

If you decide not to keep the phone, you must turn it in at a T-Mobile store. You can then decide to start a new lease on a new phone, or talk with our team about other upgrade options, such as an Equipment Installment Plan (EIP). When you return a leased phone, it must be in good working condition. Make sure the phone:

• Has no cracks or other damage to the screen.
  • Has not been damaged by exposure to liquid.
  • Can power on.
  • Has not been materially altered, this includes both the original hardware & software.
  • Does not have activated anti-theft features, such as Find My iPhone.

To end your JOD lease before the 18-month lease term expires, there are a couple of choices:

• Turn in the phone at a retail location in good working condition and pay the full amount of the remaining monthly lease installments.
    or
  • Pay the remaining monthly lease installments, plus the full Purchase Option Price (POP) as stated on your lease agreement, and keep the phone.
Userlevel 7
Badge +13

I'm on the Jump plan. I believe the Jump on demand. I have a OnePlus Nord N10 5G and I still owe about $100 on the phone about 6 more payments before it's paid off. Well I dropped it and it cracked the screen. I want to upgrade to the new OnePlus 10T with a $168 down payment.  Could I upgrade to the new phone without penalty, or would I be required to pay this phone off in full before I'm allowed to upgrade since the screen is cracked? ( I have no Protection plan for the phone).

Breaking the phone is such a bummer and to see that you are so close to paying it off too!! 😭 You wouldn’t be able to trade in that phone as is, but you do have a couple options.

• Since you don’t have insurance, you could pay off the device in full, so you don’t have payments on it anymore and then purchase the new device without any trade in. I think you have to pay off the phone because you can’t have two Jump! on Demand payment plans on one line. 
  • You could get the phone repaired through the manufacturer. Once it is repaired, then you can use it as a trade in. (I only recommend going through the manufacturer because repairs through third parties can void warranties and trade-in capabilities) 

Keep in mind that Jump! on Demand is a lease program so you have the initial 18 monthly payments and then a purchase option price at the end that would all need to be paid to say the phone is fully paid off. Do you know if your remaining 6 payments is on the initial lease or did you put the purchase option price on the optional 9 installments?

Hope this helps!!