Solved

Can't create T-Mobile ID

Badge
  • First activity
  • 0 replies

Hello,

I can’t create T-Mobile ID for a week now, since I’ve bought Home Internet box from them. 

I receive this error everytime I try to create new ID:

We're sorry, we don't recognize this email. Please provide the email you used when purchasing your T-Mobile service, or contact Care by dialing 1-800-937-8997 or 611 from your T-Mobile phone.

I already tried to reach out to customer support multiple times, but they does not help…

Have open case #70425112 for that more than a week now..

icon

Best answer by HeavenM 2 August 2023, 18:42

View original

25 replies

I wish I could help, but I am having the same problem. Customer support says that they know about this issue, but there’s nothing they can do. I try again every couple of days, but no dice.

Userlevel 7
Badge +13

Thank you for the offer, but I’m uncomfortable using Facebook for something customer service should be able to do. I should be able to call T-Mobile’s customer service to get what I need otherwise T-Mobile needs to find a way to resolve this issue through customer service. On Redditt, I’ve read about people who haven’t been able to create an id since T-Mobile rolled out this service. I don’t understand how Facebook T-Mobile reps can fix something that telephone customer service reps cannot. 

I can see why you would be uncomfortable with trying to reach out again and especially to another customer service portal. I know there is a fix and I am 100% willing to help you.

How do you get ID without a T-Mobile phone number (for Home Internet) | T-Mobile Community

I am linking that thread to show that I can get this fixed for you if you are ready to give me the chance. Send me a DM and I’ll work some magic for you. :) 

Me, too!  I have some trouble believing they can’t correct the issue. 🤷 I should be able to monitor my account and usage, login to pay my bill (not pay as a guest), redeem the $50 rebate, take advantage of T-Mobile Tuesdays!!!  You gotta be able to login to do all those things.  This is my only grip with them, but it’s driving me nuts! 😒  It’s just ridiculous. 

Userlevel 6
Badge +9

I have same issue. Any resolution?

The following thread has been marked as solved:

I am commenting on every one of these threads where new users cannot get their T-mobile ID if they have Home Internet service only. This has been an issue for a very long time. How can T-mobile allow this problem to persist?

Here are the steps I took to create my account:

1. Go to https://www.facebook.com/TMobile/ 
  2. Message them during 3:00 am - 9:30 pm PT
  3. Ask them to “file a ticket for My.T-Mobile.com Registration Issues”
  4. Provide your email address, home internet phone number, and PIN
  5. Wait 3 hours for them to work on the ticket
  6. Try signing in at https://account.t-mobile.com/signin/v2/

Also, you can create a T-Mobile community account with any email without a phone number:

1. Go to https://community.t-mobile.com/
  2. Click “Login”
  3. Click “Sign up” (or try this link: https://account.t-mobile.com/signup/v2/createaccount?access_type=online&response_type=code&display=O&redirect_uri=https:%2F%2Fsso-us-west-2.api.insided.com%2Fauth%2Foauth2%2Freturn&scope=TMO_ID_profile%20openid%20associated_lines&state=3pVPD4yzuG&client_id=Community&loginId=&fp_client=cc5a224d0f68637b60f5d8075669d88d)

Hope this helps!

The answer on the other thread is still correct. To clarify, you do need to contact support by calling 611 or sending us a direct message on Facebook or Twitter. The customer support representative will be able to file a ticket for MyT-mobile Registration issues. Those tickets are resolved really quickly and you will be able to log in within a few minutes. If they file the ticket for anything different, it can cause delays in resolution. 

How do you file a ticket?

The answer on the other thread is still correct. To clarify, you do need to contact support by calling 611 or sending us a direct message on Facebook or Twitter. The customer support representative will be able to file a ticket for MyT-mobile Registration issues. Those tickets are resolved really quickly and you will be able to log in within a few minutes. If they file the ticket for anything different, it can cause delays in resolution. 

How do you file a ticket?

UPDATE 

I  filed a ticket through the T-Mobile Facebook team and this issue was resolved in 3 hours. 

“The answer on the other thread is still correct. To clarify, you do need to contact support by calling 611 or sending us a direct message on Facebook or Twitter. The customer support representative will be able to file a ticket for MyT-mobile Registration issues. Those tickets are resolved really quickly and you will be able to log in within a few minutes. If they file the ticket for anything different, it can cause delays in resolution.”

HeavenM, 

No, it is not resolved and all the tickets in the world aren’t resolving it. If you don’t know what you’re talking about then don’t talk. I’ve been trying since March to get a T-mobile Id. The last time I spent an hour and a half only to be told it’s a known issue and the engineers are working on it. 

I had a long rigmarole but the short version is as follows: tmobileID requires a unique email address. I had to call up tmobile home internet tech support to set this up and the very helpful person there walked me through it after I provided an email distinct from the email I used for my voice line tmobileid. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +13

“The answer on the other thread is still correct. To clarify, you do need to contact support by calling 611 or sending us a direct message on Facebook or Twitter. The customer support representative will be able to file a ticket for MyT-mobile Registration issues. Those tickets are resolved really quickly and you will be able to log in within a few minutes. If they file the ticket for anything different, it can cause delays in resolution.”

HeavenM, 

No, it is not resolved and all the tickets in the world aren’t resolving it. If you don’t know what you’re talking about then don’t talk. I’ve been trying since March to get a T-mobile Id. The last time I spent an hour and a half only to be told it’s a known issue and the engineers are working on it. 

As long as they are filing the ticket for the right thing, then it is fixed in a few minutes. Working on the same issue for that long can be extremely frustrating, so I can see why you are doubtful of a fix. Have you reached out to our T-Force team by sending a direct message on Facebook. They are a favorite contact method for folks here on the Community. You can tell them you are having issues getting the T-Mobile ID registered for your internet only account and you need a ticket filed for MyT-Mobile Registration issues. I have seen this ticket in action myself, so I know it works. I have a feeling the reps you were in contact with previously were filing the wrong ticket. 

The community account setup still asks for phone number at the end!

This is absolutely ridiculous!!! I have a lot of trouble believing they can’t fix this issue. Maybe it’s their way of forcing people to get T-Mobile phone service. I had it for years, but recently to Google Fi to cut costs. So I had a T-Mobile account until I closed it in March. Prior to this, I never had a problem. 

As only a home internet customer (signed up/activated in store and now equipment in my home), I experienced the same “don't recognize this email” hurdle as mentioned here and in many other forums. I finally had success signing up for the ID via the “T Life” app on my phone. It produced a very similar sign up page as the standard app and website, but unlike those others, allowed me to proceed without errors. I’m pretty sure I didn’t even capitalize the first letter of my email address on the successful attempt, but you might as well try that as well. My phone was on my T Mobile Home WiFi at the time and the “T Life” app appeared to recognize I was using my new router during the process. Hope this proves successful for everyone else. 

No, it’s not resolved; apparently, it’s been a problem for a long time. Looks like maybe since T-Mobile began with the internet service. The only reason it’s bugging so many of us is that we can’t control our own accounts. I am beginning to think it’s T-Mobile’s way of forcing people into their cell phone service too. 

Interestingly, I am allowed to sign in here for this forum, but to do so, the system asked for security questions, a password, and an id, which I created. But like the rest of you, I can’t get access to an online account for internet only for the same reasons the rest of you are saying. It’s so frustrating. I’ve been trying since mid March. Numerous tickets have been set up too, but I never hear back. so I try the whole process over and over and over….

This is ridiculous and I am sure a violation of some sort. I will personally be contacting an attorney and this could be a potential class action lawsuit. You cant be expected to pay for services and not be able to access the account. 

HeavenM. I have spoken with 11 different reps from service reps to IT reps to supervisory reps and they all filed the wrong ticket?? You’re saying it can’t be fixed unless I reach out through Facebook or Twitter? I don’t have T-Mobile Service, although I did for years and was very happy with it, so 611 is out, I don’t have a Twitter account, and if customer service can’t fix the issue, how is the team behind the Facebook account able to do what customer service can’t do over the phone? 

Userlevel 7
Badge +13

11 people really is a lot. Our team that handles requests through Facebook are a higher tier of help and you can show them screenshots of our conversation. I have very limited account access, but you can send me a direct message with your gateway phone number and the email you are trying to use as your T-Mobile ID and I can see what I can do to help since you have already talked to so many other people. 

So I went to settings  and cleared the cookies. Thereafter I was able to get passed the phone number send code issue.This should work. Good luck

I have same issue. Any resolution?

To magenta7362559, no, not yet. 

Thank you for the offer, but I’m uncomfortable using Facebook for something customer service should be able to do. I should be able to call T-Mobile’s customer service to get what I need otherwise T-Mobile needs to find a way to resolve this issue through customer service. On Redditt, I’ve read about people who haven’t been able to create an id since T-Mobile rolled out this service. I don’t understand how Facebook T-Mobile reps can fix something that telephone customer service reps cannot. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +13

I’m glad it’s not just me! I’m on month 3 of no resolution and I want to pull my hair out! And we just got notice that in order to retain the $5 discount, we have to move auto pay from a credit card to a debit card or bank account. When I originally set it up, I had to give my credit card over the phone and there was a huge language barrier which made the process very difficult! I don’t want to have to do that again. I just want to sign in and have control over our internet account. I like the internet provided but can’t stand the service. Every time I’ve talked to customer service, they say the engineering department is working on the problem but there’s no anticipated resolution time frame.