Solved

How do you get ID without a T-Mobile phone number (for Home Internet)

• 17 February 2022
  • 60 replies

Show first post

60 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +13

Hey folks! I am making some headway on this situation, but I do need to clarify one thing. When you enter the name, email, and password into the signup page that I linked, you should receive an email with a one-time PIN in your email. Even though it is asking for the phone number on the next screen, has anyone received that one-time pin while working in this loop?

Yes, I received this. After entering the code from my email, it takes me to the phone number page, which is where I, and others, are stuck. It is the process described above in the screenshots by Major Rathbone.

Thank you for letting me know that you get the PIN. You don’t have to put your email address in this thread (because we don’t want that to be shown to the public), but are you using the same email that you used to register for the Community?

Userlevel 3
Badge

From HeavenM:  “Hey folks! I am making some headway on this situation, but I do need to clarify one thing. When you enter the name, email, and password into the signup page that I linked, you should receive an email with a one-time PIN in your email. Even though it is asking for the phone number on the next screen, has anyone received that one-time pin while working in this loop?”

Yes. I receive the one-time confirmation code (PIN) every time I try to log-in. The one-time confirmation code is sent to the email that I used when signing up for T-Mobile internet. Unfortunately, when I enter the confirmation code, the next screen requests a phone number. As noted in a previous posting, if entering a non-T-Mobile phone number, the error message is that I need to verify that the T-Mobile phone number is correct (see screenshot above). If I enter the internet line number on the T-Mobile gateway, the error message is that my email is not recognized (again, see screenshot above). My T-Mobile gateway is able to receive messages -- e.g. when my auto-pay processes I receive a message on the gateway; when I phone customer service I receive follow-up messages.

How was BChat able to get access to their account? What is the trick?

Hey folks! I am making some headway on this situation, but I do need to clarify one thing. When you enter the name, email, and password into the signup page that I linked, you should receive an email with a one-time PIN in your email. Even though it is asking for the phone number on the next screen, has anyone received that one-time pin while working in this loop?

Yes, I received this. After entering the code from my email, it takes me to the phone number page, which is where I, and others, are stuck. It is the process described above in the screenshots by Major Rathbone.

Thank you for letting me know that you get the PIN. You don’t have to put your email address in this thread (because we don’t want that to be shown to the public), but are you using the same email that you used to register for the Community?

No problem! Yes, I am using the same email for my ID, 5g registration at the T-Mobile store, and for this forum. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +13

From HeavenM:  “Hey folks! I am making some headway on this situation, but I do need to clarify one thing. When you enter the name, email, and password into the signup page that I linked, you should receive an email with a one-time PIN in your email. Even though it is asking for the phone number on the next screen, has anyone received that one-time pin while working in this loop?”

Yes. I receive the one-time confirmation code (PIN) every time I try to log-in. The one-time confirmation code is sent to the email that I used when signing up for T-Mobile internet. Unfortunately, when I enter the confirmation code, the next screen requests a phone number. As noted in a previous posting, if entering a non-T-Mobile phone number, the error message is that I need to verify that the T-Mobile phone number is correct (see screenshot above). If I enter the internet line number on the T-Mobile gateway, the error message is that my email is not recognized (again, see screenshot above). My T-Mobile gateway is able to receive messages -- e.g. when my auto-pay processes I receive a message on the gateway; when I phone customer service I receive follow-up messages.

I really appreciate everyone that let us know something was not working and providing examples and details. These have been extremely helpful and let us figure out what was missing. If you contact our customer support teams, there is a new process they can file to quickly resolve the registration issues. 

You can call our customer support number or send us a direct message on Facebook or Twitter. 

Userlevel 2
Badge

I was contacted by HeavenM (I think he is an admin in the T-Mobile Internet Forum).  Once he verified my name, username and gateway number, he created a trouble ticket.  Later that day (on my own) I tried to logon using my gateway number (previously I used a non-T-Mobile number) and WAS ABLE TO LOGON.  INCREDIBLE!  Not sure what the “admin” (HeavenM) did or had done but possibly he associated my gateway number to my account.  Sorry, I cannot provide more specific details but I don’t have them.  All I can say is, whatever he did, IT WORKED!  Good luck.

I'm  having the exact same problem and get the same error codes. Now I can't even redeem my promo mastercard.

How can this issue be shown as SOLVED. Maybe that one user has received their Tmobile ID but most of us have not had this issue resolved! I have been on the phone NUMEROUS times with customer service. The only response I get is that they are working on resolution. This is ridiculous.

I really appreciate everyone that let us know something was not working and providing examples and details. These have been extremely helpful and let us figure out what was missing. If you contact our customer support teams, there is a new process they can file to quickly resolve the registration issues. 

You can call our customer support number or send us a direct message on Facebook or Twitter. 

Thank you. Another question I have for you @HeavenM 

Is it possible to port forward in the modem configuration or make modifications there? When I login at the IP gateway address, the user interface is very bare bones.

@HeavenM Additionally, I was offered a $50 rebate as a new customer through a prepaid card. I tried to login to redeem my rebate, but the phone number barrier in the account that is the issue described in this thread is preventing me from obtaining the rebate. The rebate has a deadline. Do you know another way I could still claim it? Thank you.

I'm  having the exact same problem and get the same error codes. Now I can't even redeem my promo mastercard.

That’s what I asked above. Hopefully they will allow us to redeem it in another way.

Userlevel 7
Badge +13

Thank you. Another question I have for you @HeavenM 

Is it possible to port forward in the modem configuration or make modifications there? When I login at the IP gateway address, the user interface is very bare bones.

The web interface is pretty limited. You are able to change some settings using the T-Mobile Internet app. Port forwarding is not available on our modems.

The rebate should still be done through promotions.t-mobile.com. You will need your established T-Mobile ID, the gateway phone number, and the promotion code. If you are having issues registering the T-Mobile ID or getting an error during the rebate redemption, you will need to reach out to our customer support teams to have them take a deeper look. 

One month later, and I am still having the same loop stuck with trying to login to my account. I could not activate my rebate before it expired, get a refund of the connection fee, and I could not switch my payment method because we are all unable to log into our accounts. It is unacceptable for this to be broken for over a month at this point.

Userlevel 7
Badge +13

Hey @Glittery Over a month with the same issue can be extremely frustrating. There have been some updates in the last couple weeks. Please reach out to our customer support teams (the favorite way is to message us on Facebook or Twitter). Just ask the support person to file a ticket for My.T-Mobile.com Registration Issues. This is a new ticket process where they ask for the email you are trying to use as your T-Mobile ID. You’ll be able to log in within minutes. 

Userlevel 1

@HeavenM I have the same issue as many here and am stuck at the screen to link the phone number of the gateway to my account. I have called support 5 times and spent hours trying to get this set up. I got an email saying I was enrolled in paperless billing, despite never being able to get into my account, so now there is no way to pay my bill! Would you please help me, this is insane.

Userlevel 7
Badge +13

@HeavenMI have the same issue as many here and am stuck at the screen to link the phone number of the gateway to my account. I have called support 5 times and spent hours trying to get this set up. I got an email saying I was enrolled in paperless billing, despite never being able to get into my account, so now there is no way to pay my bill! Would you please help me, this is insane.

Hey there @ktre Having to call support 5 times and still not get resolution is insane! The good news is that the fix for this is really simple. You will have to reach out one more time, but I would recommend sending a message to us on Facebook or Twitter this time. That will connect you with our T-Force team who are amazing and a favorite of many on the Community. Have them file the ticket for My.T-Mobile.com Registration Issues. You’ll be able to log in within minutes. 

Userlevel 1

@HeavenMI have the same issue as many here and am stuck at the screen to link the phone number of the gateway to my account. I have called support 5 times and spent hours trying to get this set up. I got an email saying I was enrolled in paperless billing, despite never being able to get into my account, so now there is no way to pay my bill! Would you please help me, this is insane.

Hey there @ktre Having to call support 5 times and still not get resolution is insane! The good news is that the fix for this is really simple. You will have to reach out one more time, but I would recommend sending a message to us on Facebook or Twitter this time. That will connect you with our T-Force team who are amazing and a favorite of many on the Community. Have them file the ticket for My.T-Mobile.com Registration Issues. You’ll be able to log in within minutes. 

I did that last night, this is what T-force on Twitter said:

“Well, for some reason your account is not playing well today! It looks like (removed) had filed a ticket with our back office to get this resolved. This can take a few days and you will receive a email that the T-Mobile ID is fixed.”

Definitely not a fix within minutes.

Userlevel 7
Badge +13

Hey there @ktre Having to call support 5 times and still not get resolution is insane! The good news is that the fix for this is really simple. You will have to reach out one more time, but I would recommend sending a message to us on Facebook or Twitter this time. That will connect you with our T-Force team who are amazing and a favorite of many on the Community. Have them file the ticket for My.T-Mobile.com Registration Issues. You’ll be able to log in within minutes. 

“Well, for some reason your account is not playing well today! It looks like (removed) had filed a ticket with our back office to get this resolved. This can take a few days and you will receive a email that the T-Mobile ID is fixed.”

Hmm. It is weird if they filed the ticket and still have the issue. Can you send me a DM. I might be able to look a little further to find that missing link. I have very limited access to account details here, but I don’t mind using what I have to help as much as I can. 

Userlevel 1

Hmm. It is weird if they filed the ticket and still have the issue. Can you send me a DM. I might be able to look a little further to find that missing link. I have very limited access to account details here, but I don’t mind using what I have to help as much as I can. 

For anyone who finds this thread in the future, HeavenM was able to resolve my issue immediately once I provided them with my email address and phone number for the internet gateway. I was able to log in to my T-Mobile ID account without seeing the “link your phone number” page. So it appears there is a relatively quick solution with whatever ticket process they used.

Userlevel 1
Badge

I have had this same issue for nearly 3 months.  After numerous lengthy phone calls to customer support, specifically the internet support group, I finally have account access.  I spoke with Joanna who actually followed through with the trouble ticket, worked with someone in IT and then called me back to walk me through actually logging in to my account.  I now have full access.  What I did notice is that the first time I was able to login, the USER ID was my Gateway’s phone number and not my email address.  Now, after logging in and out a bunch of times, I can report that I can use either the phone number or my email address.  YAY!!!

The same issue has caused late fees and cancelled service on my account as I cannot access the account to remedy the problems. Calling monthly to provide payment over the phone is not tenable.

My latest trouble ticket was created after three long phone conversations with a promise to give a callback within 48 hours. It has been six days at this point from that third conversation.

The same issue has caused late fees and cancelled service on my account as I cannot access the account to remedy the problems. Calling monthly to provide payment over the phone is not tenable.

My latest trouble ticket was created after three long phone conversations with a promise to give a callback within 48 hours. It has been six days at this point from that third conversation.

You can pay as a guest on the regular T-Mobile app. That’s what I’ve had to do for the past 9 months since I can’t login either.

Here are the steps I took to create my account:

1. Go to https://www.facebook.com/TMobile/ 
  2. Message them during 3:00 am - 9:30 pm PT
  3. Ask them to “file a ticket for My.T-Mobile.com Registration Issues”
  4. Provide your email address, home internet phone number, and PIN
  5. Wait 3 hours for them to work on the ticket
  6. Try signing in at https://account.t-mobile.com/signin/v2/

Also, you can create a T-Mobile community account with any email without a phone number:

1. Go to https://community.t-mobile.com/
  2. Click “Login”
  3. Click “Sign up” (or try this link: https://account.t-mobile.com/signup/v2/createaccount?access_type=online&response_type=code&display=O&redirect_uri=https:%2F%2Fsso-us-west-2.api.insided.com%2Fauth%2Foauth2%2Freturn&scope=TMO_ID_profile%20openid%20associated_lines&state=3pVPD4yzuG&client_id=Community&loginId=&fp_client=cc5a224d0f68637b60f5d8075669d88d)

Hope this helps! Cheers.

I tried this. I hit up tforce on twitter even linked this thread.  They would not help without verifying I was a tmobile user, which I couldn't do because I didn't know my 6  15 digit pin....I can't login to see this or change it.  My only option is going to a store and presenting ID.  I feel even if I get this pin reset or whatever this is not going to get me any closer to completing my tmobile id.   One point today it did accept my gateway phone number and said it texted it, but I received nothing on the actual box.   

Here are the steps I took to create my account:

1. Go to https://www.facebook.com/TMobile/ 
  2. Message them during 3:00 am - 9:30 pm PT
  3. Ask them to “file a ticket for My.T-Mobile.com Registration Issues”
  4. Provide your email address, home internet phone number, and PIN
  5. Wait 3 hours for them to work on the ticket
  6. Try signing in at https://account.t-mobile.com/signin/v2/

Also, you can create a T-Mobile community account with any email without a phone number:

1. Go to https://community.t-mobile.com/
  2. Click “Login”
  3. Click “Sign up” (or try this link: https://account.t-mobile.com/signup/v2/createaccount?access_type=online&response_type=code&display=O&redirect_uri=https:%2F%2Fsso-us-west-2.api.insided.com%2Fauth%2Foauth2%2Freturn&scope=TMO_ID_profile%20openid%20associated_lines&state=3pVPD4yzuG&client_id=Community&loginId=&fp_client=cc5a224d0f68637b60f5d8075669d88d)

Hope this helps! Cheers.

This did it! Haven’t been able to login for 2+ years. Many calls to tech support need helped. DM in Facebook fixed it in 1 day. Thank you so much!

I don't know if this will help, I was able to put in for the promo by using the internet line number on my t-mobile internet device.