Solved

Can't Make Online Purchases

Show first post

43 replies

@tmo_mike_c​ So you are saying you have had this "technical" issue since Nov 2018 and its still not resolved.  You should just tell your customers that it is not possible to upgrade/order phones Online and that they need to goto the store so you can charge them the $20 upgrade fee and see if you can upsell them on a more expensive devise or expensive plan, I get you run a business but dont waste your customers time spending hours trying to see if its a browser issue when this is probably just a way to get people to the store.  If that's NOT the case then you have serious issues with your development staff who cant fix a customer facing problem for over 8 MONTHS.

Having the same issue, tried all browser, multiple devices, cleared cache/cookies, even call Ed customer support and they where not able to get the system to give me my upgrade. I also tried support chat for over 2 hours and Cathleen was unsuccessful ln getting me an upgrade. This is beyond rediculous and im ready to leave T mobile for goo. Hello Amazon!

Same here. A quick Google search turns up hundreds of threads and comments about this issue going back over a year, with customer support representatives offering nothing helpful. Fun stuff.

Experiencing the same issue, considering switching if I'm honest so many issues

Same issue. Apparently everyone who tries to order "hits a snag." Is this some kind of tactic to get people to call in and be upsold or buy add ons?? A year later and still no resolve........sounds fishy to me.  The "Un-carrier" is also the Un-able to order online carrier as well it seems.

Wow a year later and still the same issue as others have shared in this post! I am/was trying to make a phone purchase online and I keep getting the message "Oops we hit a snag".  Obviously this issue is not going to be fixed.  Way to go TMobile!!

I've been trying off and on to buy the new iPhone XR for three weeks, and whether I'm on the site or app, I get the same error message as everyone above. I've already considered switching carriers, but the site issues aren't helping me want to stay. I don't exactly want to pay the extra 20 dollars to upgrade in store when I should be able to do it online.

I can't make a purchase either. I've tried for 2 days straight now. Same error message popping up when close to checking out. Why can't I order offline?

Userlevel 3
Badge +7

Mike,

On the chrome yes still getting the issue; I wiped my cache out and that didn't fix it so then wiped out my cookies (just sounds weird say that lol) and that seems to have resolved it.  On a visit to the site I must have gotten a bad cookie from TMO 😉

As for the ordering, still on the fence about actually JUMP'ing even though I can since I still have JUMP v.1 😊 not sure dropping $375 (279 + TN sales tax which is 9.25%) for 6 months which with $30 per month = about $62 per month for it when I have an S9+.  Probably will just wait for the Galaxy S 10 unless by some miracle the Note 9 price/down payment drops a bit.

Userlevel 4

Hey @tiffany562411 and @stevetjr

I just checked our internal issues and I did not see any issues with the site listed. As for not being able to log into my.t-mobile.com on Chrome, i just tested it and it was working. Would you be able to try again and let me know if you are still seeing the issue.

For any other issues with failures when attempting to make purchases, we will need to get a web support ticket opened up so it can be investigated. Since we will need specific account information to log the ticket, we would need to speak with you over the phone to gather that information securely.

Userlevel 3
Badge +7

@tmo_chris​ I don't think it is with a specific account, not sure if all above are the same but I have been checking since they night they opened pre-order and keep getting the same error or the "oops" error mentioned in the previous post, I have got both.  You can briefly see where is starts to ask you the condition of the phone then this message populates over the top.  

On a side note, I can't even get myT-Mobile to even open on Chrome right now, I get "bad request" weird.  This site works on Chrome as does main T-Mobile page but myT-Mobile won't, I have to use ME, FF or IE.

tmo_chris This has nothing to do with anybodys account. It is clear T-Mobile website has serious technical issues that is being ignored. I Also Can't Do a Online Purchase...OOP'S HIT A SNAG!

I've shopped on several websites & never had no issues but T-Mobile OMG ABSOLUTLEY 100% HORRIFIC...SAD

Userlevel 4

I am terribly sorry @magenta5204196 😥     

This is definitely a hiccup on the web side with your specific account. The best way to get this resolved is with a support ticket filed by our care teams. Since you have already had a few filed for you, we should definitely have some sort of update for you. We unfortunately cannot see customer accounts here on a user forum but if you have a Facebook or Twitter account, you can use the links in my signature to message our T-Force team. They will be able to pull up your account and see a full history of the support tickets you have had opened.

This is the exact wording of the error message that appears as I try to checkout:

OOPS! WE HIT A SNAG

The page did not load for some reason, but you are still on track.

Try again

I'm having the same problem. Trying to purchase/upgrade a phone online. Can't check out because it has the error message "Oops, we've hit a snag." First called in 2 weeks ago, have had 3 tickets filled out by representatives, and still nothing. No one knows why the message appears. Have had no follow ups on my tickets either. Just simply want to buy a phone, but can't.

Userlevel 4

I am terribly sorry! Was our care team able to get a support ticket opened for the online issue? Also, if the site is not working for you, we will waive this fee and it is only $20. You can let the agent you speak with know to check internal doc DOC-421385#subhead4 for all the info they need.

I've tried contacting you guys already and y'all wanted a $30 service fee. I'm not paying extra for something I should be able to do online, but can't because your website is messed up. I've continued to try every day since I posted this with no different result and I am now angry. I will be switching carriers today.

Userlevel 4

Oh my goodness! You have definitely tried everything imaginable to rule it out as a browser issue. If you are getting this error when trying to upgrade through your my.t-mobile.com account, we are going to need to take a closer look at what is going on at the account level to fix this. If you have not already, please contact us so our care teams can get this sorted out for you.