Question

Cannot log in to website account

• 26 March 2023
  • 2 replies

Badge

My partner, who is on the same family plan as me, is unable to login on the website with his account (linked to his phone number). He gets a F451 error, which has been occurring for several days. I’m able to access our account from the website with my credentials (for now). He’s able to use the phone app, but the billing page is blank. So he has no way to access our bills except through me. He tried clearing his cookies and turning off ad blockers to no avail. What’s going on? Our PCs are on the same home network, so it sounds like something is wrong with his account specifically. I’ve seen 4 year old posts about this error. Has nothing been done to solve it??

2 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

Try contacting tmobile support using messenger on one of tmobile's social media platforms like Firefox or Twitter to see if they can help since this is basically a user to user forum with some tmobile moderation and they not see your post.

I’d found a workaround to this problem, which seemed to work just fine for about 2 or 3 months; but when I tried logging into my account a couple of days ago, I discovered that it was no longer working -- yikes!

I use the Brave browser -- and without getting into everything I tried in an attempt to resolve the dreaded Error F451, I’ll just cut right to the chase. I finally reached a practical solution this very morning.

I found that with Brave’s 'Block fingerprinting' setting disabled, I am now able to successfully reach the T-Mobile login page. Moreover, I found that this will work even if trackers, ads, and cookies are not blocked within the browser. Here are the steps for Brave browser:

From the 'Customize & control Brave' menu [the so-called hamburger menu in the upper right corner]:

select 'Settings' ➤ 'Shields'

At the 'Block fingerprinting' setting near the bottom of the Shields page, click on the ▼ arrow and select 'Disabled'  (the default setting is 'Standard')

Once this is accomplished, you should be able to reach the T-Mobile login page. After logging off the site, I chose to reset Block fingerprinting back to its default.

I presume there’s a similar setting for other browsers; so hopefully this will finally provide a solution for all who have been experiencing this ridiculous error (which from what I’ve been able to find out -- ultimately was caused by T-Mobile) ..