Question

Change auto pay date NOT billing date

• 5 June 2021
  • 5 replies

Badge

Is it possible to change when Autopay is processed and applied to the account. Autopay is set for the 7th and would like autopay to come out on the 2nd instead

5 replies

I had the same question…..

Userlevel 7
Badge +15

The autopay feature is based on the billing date.  Instead of changing the billing date though, you can choose to pay your bill early, like I do.  Leave autopay enabled so you still get the discount.  Log in to your my.t-mobile.com account and pay your bill manually through the website.  Once it is confirmed, it will not process the autopay for the 7th if you make your payment on the 2nd.  Timing is important though.  If you pay it on the 4th or the 5th as an example.  The autopay process will have already started so paying it a couple of days early won’t stop it from processing the auto pay.  

The autopay feature is based on the billing date.  Instead of changing the billing date though, you can choose to pay your bill early, like I do.  Leave autopay enabled so you still get the discount.  Log in to your my.t-mobile.com account and pay your bill manually through the website.  Once it is confirmed, it will not process the autopay for the 7th if you make your payment on the 2nd.  Timing is important though.  If you pay it on the 4th or the 5th as an example.  The autopay process will have already started so paying it a couple of days early won’t stop it from processing the auto pay.  

So basically if I pay before the 4th it won’t mess up my discounts, and I won’t be charged twice for that month? Just making sure I’m understanding correctly lol. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +15

So basically if I pay before the 4th it won’t mess up my discounts, and I won’t be charged twice for that month? Just making sure I’m understanding correctly lol. 

I pay mine more than a week early every month.  It doesn't mess up anything  You just need to remember that autopay starts to process two to three days prior to your autopay date.  If you pay it before that point, autopay will not process and you won't be over paying.  

I only had T-mobile internet for a couple of days. I cancelled because my current internet service matched the price when I called to cancel. My equipment was promptly returned a few weeks ago. Today you tried to debit a payment out of my checking. I dont get paid until the third so thankfully it was declined. The T-mobile sight will not let me in to cancel autopay. I called customer service to have them take care of this and they said I needed to go to a T-Mobile store. Why? You certainly did everything over the phone ehen you sold me internet plan. Help