Solved

Chapter 7 and EIP

• 16 May 2016
  • 4 replies

Good Afternoon!

Unfortunately, I've fallen into some hard times financially, and I've started the process of filing Chapter 7. While I want to keep T-Mobile, that has also become entirely too expensive for myself (~$95 per month).

In my monthly bill, that includes a $19 payment for a phone on EIP which I don't even have anymore with a balance of $293.00

In the event that everything goes thru just fine and i get my Order of Discharge, will T-Mobile wipe out that EIP balance?

I understand they may cancel service, which is fine, because I need to find something cheaper anyways.

icon

Best answer by tmo_lauren 17 May 2016, 17:39

View original

4 replies

Userlevel 4

Greetings!

It will be dependent on your individual filing and what and how you report. Depending on the situation, we are typically contacted by the overseeing agencies and it goes from there!

-Lauren

I am also in this same process and wondering how the family plan I  am on and all the EIPS will handle. If the bankruptcy wiped out the EEIPS what happens to the phones? Do I have to return them?

Userlevel 6
Badge +12

I believe they would have to be returned.  If they are not they will probably be locked so it can't be used.

Badge

After losing my job after covid crisis I have carried my service from Tmobile to very cheap provider and declared bankruptcy. It has been 2 months every account reset their balance except Tmobile. What should I do? Who I talk to? What should I say? help please.