Question

Delete credit/debit card information permanently

• 4 October 2023
  • 7 replies

Badge

I connected more than one card to my account for autopay and deleted most of them. How can I ensure the card information is permanently deleted so it’s not at risk if another data breach happens? Do I need to submit a GDPR or CCPA request as a current customer?

7 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

Try contacting Tmobile support by phone or social media to see if the can answer your question.

Userlevel 7
Badge +16

your odds are about the same as trusting any other company has fully removed your info.

Userlevel 7
Badge +13

We have a T-Mobile Privacy Dashboard that allows you to log in and manage the personal information that T-Mobile has retained. 

what fireguy said.  I know many credit cards are now offering the option of creating virtual numbers - Citi is pretty good about this.  Using them minimizes your exposure (and also allows you to figure out who lost your #).

it’s BS that you have to use your debit card and you can;t use a credit card like we were able to for years TOTAL BS . If they get hacked the hackers have your bank info not very smart!

bdj - two things this decision by t-mobile with do for me:

1.  I turned back on paper billing.  I will not give automatic access to my checking account to anyone except my wife.
  2. Currently shopping for another supplier.  It costs t-mobile less than 1% to process a credit card.  They cancelled the discount which cost me over 10%.  Bite me t-mobile.

Why companies hate churn and yet do their best to cause it mystifies me.  But it’s a cellphone company.  They are a little better than airlines, and I despise airlines - looking at you Delta and United.