Question

Dialing 1 to my voicemail suddenly asking for password?

• 24 August 2022
  • 3 replies

Badge

As of this morning when I dial 1, instead of it telling me my voicemails it says 

"You have reached the voicemail system. If you have an account,  press * then put in your 10 digit phone number."

Its never been this way before. I called T Mobile support and the guy just said "my advice is this is more secure and this is what we prefer now after an update" 

This sounds like baloney because nobody I know has to do that and it happened SUDDENLY as of this morning. I check my voicemail like 30x per day,  I AM NOT putting in my own phone number every type and going through all that. 

3 replies

I am having the exact same issue. I have a Samsung  A325G. I  just did the required tmobile update a few days ago. Can't remember if it started doing it right after or what, but it probably has something to do with it. I don't like it either. Will post again if I get it back to normal.

I fixed it. I think the last update changed the network default to block your outgoing caller id which causes the VM service not to recognize it thus the prompt to enter your cell and pass code #'s. Follow this tutorial to unblock your # https://www.t-mobile.com/support/tutorials/device/samsung/galaxy-a32-5g/topic/calling-amp-contacts/caller-id-on-off/1. Choose "always" on show your caller id, rather than the network default. This tutorial was for my phone specifically but there is a choice to change the device. It didn't work until I restarted my phone after I changed it. 

It did not work for me. I updated from Pixel to Galaxy. I don’t even remember I have ever set up password for voicemail...