Solved

Did I send my trade-in device to the right place?

Good morning,

Transferred over from Sprint just a few days ago (loving T-Mobile and its customer service so far), but I have some questions about my order and trading in a device.

I am trying to take advantage of the $700 off the iPhone 11 with a trade-in of an iPhone. I distinctly remember attaching a trade-in, with IMEI and all, to my T-Mobile online order. I was required to put a down payment on the new phone, and the phone was shipped and delivered with no issues.

However, I can't seem to find any documentation or details regarding my trade-in and I can't check the trade-in status. I go to My T-Mobile / My Phone / Trade-in Status and am met with this screen:

From what I've seen on forums and Reddit, this is not what I should see: instead, I should see a Shipping label and RMA information to ship my old device for trade-in to T-Mobile/Assurant. I have also heard there is some sort of "Device Recovery Agreement" that I would've signed along with my Device Financing Agreement and Service Agreement when initially making the online order--I can't seem to find any Device Recovery Agreement.

I called Customer Care and asked about where to send my device and I was provided a UPS shipping label to:

T-Mobile NRC,

13704 Independence Parkway,

Fort Worth, TX 76177.

The Care Representative said that my credits could take up to two full billing cycles before being applied to my account after the device is delivered.

However, from what I have heard, this is not the appropriate location to send trade-in devices, as the NRC handles returns and Assurant in York, PA handles trade-ins.

So, my question: will everything with my trade-in work out OK? Have I sent my device to the right location, or is there some sort of confusion or error in all of this?

Thank you.

icon

Best answer by tmo_mike_c 5 May 2020, 23:06

View original

11 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +15

Have you tested the site recently to see if you're able to check the status?

Hi Mike,

Just checked right now, nothing has changed, the same message still appears.

Userlevel 6
Badge +15

Are you using this link T-Mobile Promotions ? If not, can you tell me which one it is that you're looking up the info? Might want to try another browser if you haven't already.

Hi Mike,

No, I am not using the T-Mobile Promotions link (is there a promotion code I should be using to get the $700 off iPhone 11 Pro deal?).

I am going to https://my.t-mobile.com/myphone/checkorder.html

I go there and I get this screen:

Userlevel 6
Badge +15

Oh, okay. Thanks for that screen shot. We'll need to have a Help Desk Ticket filed to fix the error with the link.

No problem.

I am hoping once the link is fixed, I may be able to see the details of the trade-in attached to my order.

I have been told to wait up to two full billing cycles and see if the monthly credits for the trade-in deal pop up. I have proof of delivery and the IMEI of the phone I traded in to T-Mobile, so at least I know Fort Worth got the phone, so I guess I will just wait and see and call Team of Experts if things don't work as they should.

Userlevel 6
Badge +15

Okay, thanks for the update. Did they mention filing a ticket for you? We just want to make sure you're being taken care of.

Same thing happening for me. I asked to trade in two iphones, and gave the 1st representative both IMEI, but it turns out he only trade in one iphone. So I have to call T-mobile again and they sent me a UPS label goes to Fort Worth TX instead of USPS label goes to LEWISVILLE, TX. Now, the phone went to LEWISVILLE has been received and the phone went to Fort Worth is missing!!!

I’m having the same exact problem!! Its clear this is a trend...

The same thing just happened to me in Feb and they still have not been able to locate the phone I dropped at the post office. The post office is trying to locate it as well but it has been weeks. I have still had to pay the monthly fee for the phone I bought and returned it a week later and got something else so now I am actually paying double because of this. The scariest part it is an expensive phone and it was the fold 3 from Samsung. I have talked to customer service about this a bunch of times and get nothing is there anyone else that can help figure this out seems like others have had the same issues which makes me worry even more. The post office asked if the package had insurance and that made me think that surely Tmobile would add the insurance to a package that is containing an 1800 phone to be returned thru the mail which was the only way for me to return it I asked if I could return it to a store. 

Didn't TMobile send you or emailed a shipping return label to mail your phone?