Solved

Digits Win10 app and in-call DTMF

• 13 February 2020
  • 3 replies

Badge

I telecommute quite often and the Digits app is great for conference calls on my computer. Unfortunately, the in-call DTMF seems to only work "occasionally" sending perhaps 70% of the tones. Entering conference pass-codes and participant ID codes never works. I'm left trying to use commas for a pause which works on occasion unless the pause is too short, and using two commas for a longer pause means Digits thinks the conf code is another number and pre-pends it with a "1" which screws up the code. Anyone know a way to fix this?

icon

Best answer by tmo_ian 17 February 2020, 17:13

View original

3 replies

Userlevel 3
Badge +10

I don't see anything going on right now about the app not working correctly with DTMF tones. Have you tried uninstalling and reinstalling the app? If so, the next step would be to hit up T-Force or give us a call so we can make sure your account is set up correctly and get this up to our support teams.

Have the same exact problem, the T-Mobile Digits App does not properly send out touch tones (DTMF) to other devices.  Attempted to use the Digits app on a service and it would not recognize the keys I was entering. 

Hopefully T-Mobile tech support sees this message and addresses this issue in future app updates.

August 11, 2022 -- and this is still a problem on Windows 10. It sometimes works, most times doesn’t. I hate having to hang up and redial on my phone. 

I did find myself a workaround. I downloaded Phreakout (an odd name, I know) from Windows Store, https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/p/phreakout/9mxw3qlk2595

It is a simple light DTMF tone generator. I pin the app shortcut next to my Digits shortcut, so if the tone fails, I can quickly launch “Phreakout” and then click the numbers when prompted. There are no extra bells and whistles like I saw on some websites that do the same thing. I’d rather have an app that I can quickly launch then try to find a website.