Question

E-sim before moving to USA

• 9 November 2022
  • 3 replies

Badge

Hi everyone,

A few months ago I was able to chat to a T-mobile representative online who ensured me that we'd be able to purchase prepaid e-sim's before we move to the US. He was ready to do it straight away, even asking how many lines I would need. I explained that we were still a few months away from moving and he then said we can do it closer to the time (when we have address details for the US) just by using the online chat.

We are now a couple of weeks away and would like to start changing numbers for OTP's etc. I don't seem to find the online chat option again. Does anyone know if that is still available?

Alternatively, could someone advise how I would go about doing that?

Also, would we be able to activate the e-sim on a network outside the US?

As info - I have an unlocked Samsung Galaxy S21 Ultra with dual sim and it also allows for e-sim. I am unable to download the T-mobile app due to regional restrictions.

Thanks a buch!

3 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +15

Chat is available usually unless there is a high demand out outside of normal US operating hours.  The Play Store’s region restrictions are based on the region of your Google Play account.  That is something you can change in your Google Account settings.  You can also try reaching out to T-Mobile via Facebook or Twitter to get help with setting up those prepaid eSIM’s before coming to the US.  Whether or not they can be activated when not connected to T-Mobile’s network, I have no idea.  

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

Scroll to the bottom of this post and click on the support tab and if available a chat window will appear.

Badge

Thank you everyone. @syaoran, great suggestion to contact T-Mobile on FB chat; it worked! Seems like a pretty straight forward and quick process. We can wait a little longer before we get the e-sim.